Nat King Cole Multi-channel SACDs & 45 RPM from Acoustic Sounds mastered by Steve?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mcow1, Nov 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcow1

mcow1 Sommelier Gort Thread Starter

A friend at EMI tells me this is possibly really happening. A bunch of classic Nat King Cole albums are going to get the three-channel / two channel hybrid SACD treatment from Analogue Productions and 45 RPM vinyl as well. Mixed and mastered by Steve Hoffman, vinyl by Steve and Kevin Gray.

Steve, can you comment if you can and when you can? Please say it's true.:wave:

2. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

I guess that I may have to make a little "extra" space, next to my DCC GOLD DISCS and my BEAR FAMILY box sets for these, if Steve is on top of these? If I've learned anything at this forum, it's that Steve knows his way around those classic CAPITOL recordings!

Hope this is true?

Thanks for the "early", heads up, "mcow1"!

Chris C

3. Clark Kauffman

Clark Kauffman Forum Resident

Wow. Let's hope the titles include "The Nat King Cole Story" and "The Magic Of Christmas." But whatever the titles are, I'll be buying them. Heck, I'd love a 3-channel SACD of the "Ramblin' Rose" album -- though I expect we're much more likely to get the "Love Is The Thing" and "Where Did Everyone Go?" albums.

4. Great Deceiver

Great Deceiver Active Member

First the new AF releases, then the Impulse! SACDs, then The Doors' Morrison Hotel and Soft Parade on AF, now this?!?!? Crazy holiday present indeed!! :D

5. Steel Horse

Steel Horse Forum Resident

It´s going to be a lot of noodles for dinner this winter.............

6. I am pretty sure Steve was recently talking here about working on some 50's three track productions though he didn't specify the artist...

7. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

Hmmm.. sounds tasty! Would love some 3 channel Nat to feed my new multi-channel SACD set-up :agree:

8. -Alan

-Alan Senior Member

I know it's premature, but I'm hoping for hybrid SACD. Any of the titles would be welcome, but my number one choice would be The Nat King Cole Story. :righton:

9. LeeS

LeeS Music Fan

My accountant is going to kill me but I will die happy. :D

10. John Carsell

John Carsell Forum Resident

Count me in.

I'll buy 'em all.

11. Simon A

Simon A Arrr!

Any news on this one?

12. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

Pleaseeeee....pretty pleaseeeeeee

13. zurge

zurge Forum Resident

I agree - I'd buy all of these in a heartbeat, too.

14. ShawnMcCann

ShawnMcCann A Still Tongue Makes A Happy Life

Sign me up!

15. therockman

therockman Senior Member In Memoriam

I'm in.

16. Great Deceiver

A one page insert appeared for these in the Acoustic Sounds inventory catalog issue! Let me get it scanned and up here

17. LeeS

LeeS Music Fan

Please do!

18. Great Deceiver

OK here's the advert from Acoustic Sounds: Love is King, The Very Thought of You, After Midnight, and Just One of Those Things

Looks really good! :goodie:

Edit: came out a little small, but the original file attachment should be full size, I think

Attached Files:

19. Hamhead

Hamhead The Bear From Delaware

Love Is The Thing, The Very Thought Of You, and After Midnight, three of my faves.
    My wife is going to kill me but I'm breaking down and buying a SACD player just for those. I remember as a kid back in the mid-60's, my Mom's favorite album was LITT which she played all of the time, to this day I still get goosebumps when I hear Stardust. I wish she was here to enjoy listening to it in multi-channel when it comes out.

20. apileocole

apileocole Lush Life Gort

Yesssss!

DCC fans here may be particularly interested in Where Did Everyone Go? (1963). It's the third and final entry of a trio of Gordon Jenkins-arranged Nat King Cole albums; the prior two, Love Is The Thing and The Very Thought Of You are prized Steve-mastered gold DCC titles, but we've been without a Steve-mastered release of Where Did Everyone Go? - until now!

The Nat King Cole Story has also suffered on CD until now; the CD from the early '90s was given the works by Bob Norberg (NoNoise, digital reverb, EQ, etc). After Midnight and Just One Of Those Things have only enjoyed a Steve-mastered release on vinyl but not on CD until now.

I think St. Louis Blues from 1958 is in there as well..

But nobody uncross fingers until they actually ship, mkay?

21. John Carsell

John Carsell Forum Resident

Excellent Nat titles.

Can't wait to hear these!

22. -Alan

-Alan Senior Member

The three volume Nat King Cole Story is a sentimental favorite of mine. It was in my parent's LP collection and is my introduction to NKC. I can't wait for these reissues!

23. I Am The Lolrus

I Am The Lolrus New Member

Ah, the benefits of the industry dying- AP actually gets to do some good projects! WOOHOO, hope they remain desperate for years to come! :goodie:

24. dale 88

dale 88 Errand Boy for Rhythm

Coming soon? -- I'm dancin'

happy_dance6.jpg

Send me!

25. johnny33

johnny33 New Member

I'm really happy for the people who were never able to get the DCC Love is the Thing and The Very Thought of You!! I consider my DCC's of these to be the best sounding mastering Steve has done- period.

The Nat King Cole Story, etc., are icing on the cake for me :)

Excellent news!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.