Metallica - Death Magnetic - new album discussion part 2

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by SamS, Sep 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SamS

SamS Forum Legend Thread Starter

2. SamS

SamS Forum Legend Thread Starter

Do you have a link? I didn't see that info on metallica.com or missionmetallica.com :confused: Sounds like the exact opposite of what needs to happen.

3. Lownote30

Lownote30 Bass Clef Addict

That can't be real! Metallica can't be that stupid!

Frank R.

4. TheRealMcCoy

TheRealMcCoy Senior Member

Quote:
    About Burton: sadly, though, we'll never really know how much Cliff contributed to Metallica. He might have been Hendrix on bass (his soloing was pretty awesome) but there was/is little to no consideration to bass in their songs so we don't know! Compare those records to Megadeth's where Ellefson is very assertive. It drives me crazy.
    Blech! It just makes me sick, thinking about it. Cliff died so young and wasn't given much of a chance to shine, save the awesome guitar harmonies and solo in Orion, intro to Damage, Inc., etc.

Totally agree died way to young and there is a lot that's unknown just like Hendrix in a way. The stuff that is on record really is great stuff, yes those guitar harmonies! Really amazing stuff. It really stinks how that old stuff is mixed having the bass buried in the mix.

5. Ctiger2

Ctiger2 Senior Member

:laugh: No, the exact opposite of what should happen IS what needs to happen. I read online a lot of GHIII fans were complaining that the Metallica songs on the game just weren't punchy enough like the official CD. So, it sounds like Metallica is going to fix that for them. :agree:

6. ElevatorSkyMovie

ElevatorSkyMovie Senior Member

Well, we can probably guess that whatever is the MOST stupid thing Metallica can do about the problem, that's what they'll do.

7. 2 Channel Lounge

2 Channel Lounge Forum Resident

You would think this new release is going to lose its legs and come to a screeching halt as more and more people get wind of this issue. I wonder how many more 'bad' copies are being / been produced as we speak due to the world wide top charting sales.
    Do you stop the presses? I would imagine a decision has to be made quickly to avoid serious $$ losses.

It should be interesting to see their official response to this.

8. hdsemaj

hdsemaj Forum Resident

9. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

deaf magnetic

10. Javimulder

Javimulder New Member

So, if I understood correctly, they are deeming the CD master as the good one, and replacing the more listenable GHIII audio for the CD master... the "correct" one...

Besides the fact that that's the complete opposite of what needed doing, it makes little sense to me because, shouldn't GH make their own mixes?

I is confused now...

11. Ctiger2

Ctiger2 Senior Member

Yes, the officially released CD is how they wanted it done. Approved by the band, Rick Rubin, etc. The GHIII version was a mistake, and they aim to erase that mistake... :thumbsup:

12. Spirit Crusher

Spirit Crusher Forum Resident

Wait, what? Is this really happening?

13. Pericles

Pericles Forum Resident

lol, exactly!!! What is this? What parallel universe am I in?

:confused::confused::confused:

14. Maidenpriest

Maidenpriest Setting the controls for the heart of the sun :)

The Press release is a fake!! Even Metallica are not that stupid and if they were going to change the GH3 mix they are not going to tell anyone,a silent remaster will probally happen with this Cd as well (think the problem with Maiden Dance Of Death DVD or The Beatles Capitol boxset?, Hendrixs re-1 Reprise Cd's) the only way you will be able to tell is by comparing the matrix, a silent remaster also happened in 3 months for the record company missing a key Saxon song out in a recent comp as well, i couldn't beleive it because the store had both versions on the shelf and I thought I was going crazy looking at the different tracklisting on the artwork that is how I found out about it?

15. ElevatorSkyMovie

Are we talking about the same band?

Actually, I don't think the press release is legit, but I do think this is what they'll do. They'll go down, guns blazing, say the cd is the version, and GH will have to change to use it.

16. Lownote30

Lownote30 Bass Clef Addict

If that is the case, I'm glad I found the GH III version and have that to listen to.

Frank R.

17. seventeen

seventeen Forum Resident

If this is the case, I won't buy a Metallica release ever again.

18. pencilchewer

pencilchewer Active Member

i just had a look at the album cover......am i just a pervert or did anyone else think along those same lines when they saw it, too? :shh:

19. imagnrywar

imagnrywar Senior Member

:shh::)

20. ElevatorSkyMovie

That was discussed in the first thread on page 2 or 3.

21. pencilchewer

pencilchewer Active Member

thanks...

i haven't really been following this discussion too much....i said what i had to say about them and that was about all i've had until now, and only cuz i actually saw the album in front of me when i was in a record store today......i have no interest in buying it, though, because they haven't won their place back in my good graces yet, and with a (reportedly) poorly-mastered album, they're not exactly making any progress towards my hard-earned money....oh well

*shrug*

22. Daniel Thomas

Daniel Thomas Forum Resident

Yaargh! Avast, ye scrubs! To Animal Treasure Island we sail!

Aye, matey, ye be played for fools. T'wer no Metallica press release. What ye have is fool's gold. The treasure (GH mix) is still ours! Yaargh!

(No, seriously, that was a prank. Metallica issued no such press release, and they're not going to replace the GH mix with the crummy CD version. Get real.)

23. hdsemaj

hdsemaj Forum Resident

Yes. Neversoft, Harmonix and the other Guitar Hero rights owners decide what will be in the game. Not Metallica.

24. At this point I believe that Metallica and more particularly Rick Rubin could well be that stupid.

25. rich121

rich121 Forum Resident

Has anyone listened to the 5 album 45RPM deluxe set of Death Magnetic ?
    I wonder if they used a different mastering for this? I would hope so, but, from my experiece with the first 2 45RPM re-issues...not!!!!....
    other than collectability, if the 5 disc Lp set is not stellar, then it's not worth the price of admission even remotely...

Rick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.