Black Sabbath -Paranoid SACD?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Rock Klammer, Jul 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rock Klammer

Rock Klammer Formerly pompatusoflove Thread Starter

2. blind_melon1

blind_melon1 An erotic adventurer of the most deranged kind....

Very cool (if it's real)!

Haven't read any news about it though..... :(

3. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

Mentioned in a post by sa-cd.net's owner. Yes, not confirmed yet.

4. spencer1812

spencer1812 Forum Resident

I added it to my Amazon Wish List. Let's see if it's still there in a couple of weeks.

5. RTurner

RTurner Senior Member

I'm not getting my hopes up, but if there is in fact an sacd of Paranoid they could easily use the quad mix for surround....

:righton: :righton:

6. blind_melon1

blind_melon1 An erotic adventurer of the most deranged kind....

Didn't know one existed! The intro to "Ironman" in surround would be pretty cool :righton:

7. Rock Klammer

This album could sound awsome if done right. I'm keepin my fingers crossed.

8. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

a 3 disc set?:agree:

9. Jeff Carney

Jeff Carney Fan Of Specifics (No Koolaid)

Pre-ordered.

Hope that Andy Pearce masters this.

10. Dave W S

Dave W S New Member

Really? Is this for real? This seemed to come out of nowhere.

11. Rock Klammer

Pre-Ordered also.

12. slunky

slunky Forum Resident

I'm not even a huge Sabbath fan, but this one has certainly piqued my interest ;)

I hope it's for real.

13. Jeff Carney

Jeff Carney Fan Of Specifics (No Koolaid)

The SACD factor, yes, but if you check the archive there's been talk of Sanctuary doing expanded editions of the first three albums for probably a year or more.

14. hdsemaj

hdsemaj Forum Resident

It releases on my birthday. Can't be real.

15. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

I'll believe it when I see it.

Does Sanctuary have a history of doing SACD?

16. Chris M

Chris M Senior Member In Memoriam

I would LOVE some Paranoid era rarities. Didn't someone post here awhile back that they recorded the album twice and the initial sessions were scrapped?

17. LEONPROFF

LEONPROFF Forum Resident

The one-stop we go through has it listed as an SACD. Sweet and I'm not talking about leaf:) They list it as a 2 disc set.

18. Dave W S

Dave W S New Member

A seller on ebay has this to say about it:

-----

Paranoid is expanded to a triple-disc containing the extremely rare 1974 Quadrophonic mix of the album. The album also includes deluxe digipak gatefold packaging with expanded booklets containing rare and previously unseen photographs, comprehensive sleeve-notes telling the story behind each album and include images of rare single covers and memorabilia from the period.

Paranoid is the first release in a set of Black Sabbath deluxe expanded editions. Each remastered album includes an additional disc of previously unheard outtakes, demos and instrumental tracks taken from the original studio sessions.

Disc 1

1. War Pigs 2. Paranoid 3. Planet Caravan 4. Iron Man 5. Electric Funeral 6. Hand Of Doom 7. Rat Salad 8. Fairies Wear Boots

Disc 2

1. War Pigs (Instrumental and No Siren) 2. Paranoid (Alternative Lyrics) 3. Planet Caravan (Alternative Lyrics) 4. Iron Man (Instrumental) 5. Electric Funeral (Instrumental) 6. Hand Of Doom (Instrumental) 7. Rat Salad (Instrumental) 8. Fairies Wear Boots (Instrumental)

Disc 3

1. War Pigs (SACD Stereo) 2. Paranoid (SACD Stereo) 3. Planet Caravan (SACD Stereo) 4. Iron Man (SACD Stereo) 5. Electric Funeral (SACD Stereo) 6. Hand Of Doom (SACD Stereo) 7. Rat Salad (SACD Stereo) 8. Fairies Wear Boots (SACD Stereo)9. War Pigs (Quadraphonic Mix) 10. Paranoid (Quadraphonic Mix) 11. Planet Caravan (Quadraphonic Mix) 12. Iron Man (Quadraphonic Mix) 13. Electric Funeral (Quadraphonic Mix) 14. Hand Of Doom (Quadraphonic Mix) 15. Rat Salad (Quadraphonic Mix) 16. Fairies Wear Boots (Quadraphonic Mix)

19. PhilCohen

PhilCohen Forum Resident

As I recall, there was once a quadrophonic L.P. of "Paranoid" on Warner Brothers. It was in the CD-4(Quadradisc) format, and I recall that "War Pigs" did not have the speeding up ending. Otherwise, it was quite a good mix.

20. therockman

therockman Senior Member In Memoriam

Got mine pre-ordered.

21. PhilCohen

PhilCohen Forum Resident

This is apparently for real. CD Universe is listing it too.

I should add one remaining note. A few years back, Britain's "Record Collector" magazine mentioned that some Black Sabbath multitracks containing unreleased material had been found. These multitracks were stated to include a few unreleased songs dating to the time of the group's debut album(or slightly before the debut album) plus early attempts at three of the "Master of Reality" songs RECORDED AT THE "PARANOID" SESSIONS. I suppose that Sanctuary is saving those for inclusion with "Master of Reality".

22. ricks

ricks Senior Member

Does the technology now exist to Digitally Compress the DSD stream? I hope not!!! This looks excellent and I don't want to see it ruined.

Rick

23. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

I so wish they'd do a U.S. release for this. I really don't have $40 to spend on three CD's. I would have loved to have gotten that Deep Purple box set as well (Listen, Learn, Read On), but I could never find it under $100.

24. $35 on Amazon.ca. which seems pretty reasonable. I'm worried this is going to be a shrill brickwall-fest, but sometimes I'm a gamblin' man...

25. therockman

therockman Senior Member In Memoriam

Yes, just ask Peter Mew and see what he did to The Animals SACD and the Herman's Hermits SACD. DSD compression is real.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.