Yellow Submarine

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Maidenpriest, Jun 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maidenpriest

Maidenpriest Setting the controls for the heart of the sun :) Thread Starter

Hello All,:wave:

After searching here and the www, i was wondering if any of you knowledgeble people could help me by providing link to a complete list in the order they appeared of all the songs and Martin orchestration's as they appear in the The Beatles film Yellow Submarine?
    Cheers
    Phil:righton:

2. Maidenpriest

3. Raf

Raf Senior Member

Here you go! :wave:

Pepperland
    March of the Meanies
    Yellow Submarine
    A Beginning (from Anthology 3)
    Eleanor Rigby
    Love You To
    A Day in the Life
    All Together Now
    Sea of Time
    When I'm Sixty-Four
    Only a Northern Song
    Sea of Monsters
    Nowhere Man
    Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds
    Sea of Holes
    Yellow Submarine in Pepperland
    Think for Yourself
    Pepperland Laid Waste
    Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
    With a Little Help From My Friends
    All You Need Is Love
    Baby You're a Rich Man
    Hey Bulldog
    It's All Too Much

There are other orchestral music cues throughout, but they've never been available on CD. You can hear them more clearly on the isolated score track of the DVD.

4. Maidenpriest

BRILIANT THANK YOU VERY MUCH!::wave: :righton:

Gorts please close this thread:D

5. bhazen

bhazen GOO GOO GOO JOOB

What a great bunch of tunes!

6. fabtrick

fabtrick New Member

Just to let more people in on this - I posted a new Yellow Submarine thread in the "Visual Arts", as I discovered some very interesting information on the 1999 YS DVD, and a short-lived amusement park ride that I'd never heard about before!

http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=165335

7. hoggydoggy

hoggydoggy Forum Resident

Hmmm - I'm picking up on this one late, but just putting together a version of the "full" soundtrack for myself and the above list is great, but doesn't quite square with the later version that R2-D2 posted later - see below,

I have two questions,

1) Which of the two lists is correct?
    2) What sources have others used for their own compilation?

On musical quality (ie. ignoring the audiophile issues with the YS Songtrack CD), I've mostly plumped for 2009 YS remaster for the George Martin tracks alone, YS Songtrack for most of the other cuts, with ADITL dropped-in from SPLHCB (with run-off groove gibberish edited out), and A Beginning coming off Anthology 3. My only real deviation from the two prinicipal sources is It's All Too Much, as I hate the YS Songtrack mix, so preferred the YS 2009 remaster stereo mix instead.

It still needs a touch of volume-balancing, but it works prety well otherwise! :thumbsup:

8. autodidact

autodidact Forum Resident

I know polls are suspended, but I think it would be interesting for someone to do a poll of those who own the YS album. What percentage actually listen to the instrumental Martin stuff? And of those who listen to it, what percentage of the time do they listen to "side 2" as it were when they listen to the album?

I don't own the album. I have the songtrack, which I didn't really like the sound of, audiophile-wise. So I'm just curious about the value most YS album owners place on the George Martin instrumentals.

9. Unknown Delight

Unknown Delight Alan Myers Jazz Heads Unite!

I only have the vinyl, but i will say that i listen to it quite often.
    When the mood strikes me, yes, i will play 'side two' as well with Martins' score. I am a big film score fan, and some of the material on that side appeals to me in a whole other aspect.

'Pepperland' is probably my fave track in the score department.
    Actual songs, well, it's no contest-

"It's All Too Much" rules supreme for me. Absolutely LOVE how it is used as the closing 'finale' in the film.

:)

10. Maidenpriest

The first one is correct, but in the film they repeat 'All Together Now' at the end, so I did this playlist proir to the Remasters I think at the time I was going to use the Mono version of All Together Now as an extra track like the film, but dropped it because it really is no different that much to the stereo and it it is a crap song, (although the same version was used AFAIK in the film but with a Lennon count in) and I used the long Mono 'Its All Too Much' with extra verse (as yet unreleased but easy to obtain) and forgot to put in 'A Begining' probally because I was at work when i typed it and couldn't remember what it was called!!

I listen to this comp all the time, I love the Martin Orchestra and this comp for me is a replacement for Sgt. Pepper of which I never listen to as a whole these days!!

11. hoggydoggy

hoggydoggy Forum Resident

Cheers for that! List 1 it is, then.

I'm undecided on whether to run with the duplicate All Together Now or not - my currently-unburnt compilation has the original stereo mix in the main tracklisting, with the YS Songtrack mix tagged at the end - I'm almost tempted to dub in the Beatles' dialogue (or the Lennon intro anyway) from the movie itself, as a precursor to the "encore" version of the song.

Good call on the mono 'Its All Too Much', though I'm going to run with the standard YS 1969 stereo mix, just for consistency of listening experience (I do like mono, but don't like mixing mono and stereo on the same CD).

A bit of volume-matching and I think I'm away! :)

12. How about doing stereo and mono editions of the same compilation on separate CD's?:edthumbs:

13. mikeja75

mikeja75 Forum Resident

I'm bumping this up from the dead since this thread was mentioned in the following thread:

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/the-beatles-remasters-yellow-submarine.193404/page-7

Would anyone want to take a stab at revising this list? I'm curious to know where "A Beginning" fits into to the playlist since it was mentioned above.

Also, does the latest (in print) version of the movie offer the soundtrack on an isolated track? If so, is there any musical pieces from George Martin that could be pulled from the DVD for this all-inclusive soundtrack?

It would be interesting, if possible, to pull some of the spoken audio from the movie and intertwine that with the musical tracks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.