Van Morrison's Japanese Remasters: Really Remastered?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by rstamberg, Jun 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rstamberg

rstamberg Senior Member Thread Starter

We all know Van Morrison's catalog is once again being remastered once again, but something caught my eye at the CD Japan Web site: Several of Van's Warner Bros. titles are being listed as "Priced-down reissue featuring digital remastering from 2008" such as HIS BAND & STREET CHOIR, MOONDANCE and ASTRAL WEEKS. What's odd about this is that those titles, save for ASTRAL WEEKS, have never been remastered, so I'm wondering if it's for real. Reason it might be: INTO THE MUSIC was remastered last year and was included in the new series ... but not in the U.S., where it's still on Warner Bros., not Universal Music. My understanding is that other Van Morrison titles coming out newly remastered include COMMON ONE and BEAUTIFUL VISION -- but again, they won't be released here as Warner Bros. is not taking part in the remastered series. CD Japan is the first place I've seen any mention of the previously mentioned early Van Morrison titles being remastered.

So, anyone know if they're really remastered or not?

2. rstamberg

Anyone? Bueller?

3. monewe

monewe Forum Resident

I was wondering the same thing as I had seen them a little while ago but forgot about them until I went on to eBay tonight and saw them there.

I hope the guy who did the Ry Cooder and Little Feat remasters wasn't gievn these van albums to do.

4. curbach

curbach Some guy on the internet

For anyone brave and bold enough to pick these up, all EAC peak levels for the original (and so far only) masterings of Van's first 3 Warner Bros. albums are posted in the Van Morrison cd thread I started.

http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=144082

Please report your findings there.

5. Batfish

Batfish Forum Resident

Bueller? Anybody pick these up yet?

6. rstamberg

I've got all three and they're quite well done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.