Anyone Tried DVD4music.com For SACD/DVDA Titles?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jl151080, Dec 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jl151080

jl151080 Senior Member Thread Starter

I stumbled accross http://www.dvd4music.com/ and it seems to have a pretty good range of SACD/DVDA titles. Has anyone else used them?

I've ordered the 'Layla' SACD, and if I'm happy with the service, next up will be the T Rex 'Electric Warrior' SACD or DVDA...

2. louisville

louisville Peel Slowly and See

Thanks for the tip, keep us posted!

I'm heading over to browse right now!

3. jl151080

will do!

4. PaulT

PaulT Spuzzum

They do have a good range of stuff, thanks for the tip.

If anyone outside the U.K. orders from there can they get back to us as I 'assume' they will take off the VAT if they ship outside the U.K.. Amazon.co.uk and other online retailers do it that way.

Their International shipping prices look OK as well.

5. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

I'll check back with the site when they lose the snowflakes. Like maybe in a couple of days.

6. nightflight75

nightflight75 Forum Resident

I found the site a while back. They don't tell you if anything is in stock, so I emailed them and asked. Never received a response.

Good luck & let us know if it works!

7. Randy W

Randy W Original Member

Not recommended.

Most of what I ordered was supposedly available, only to be out of stock and they still charged me with no indication of when it might come in (if ever).

After repeated attempts I was finally was able to get a response. I cancelled my order and will not do business with again.

8. cadillacjack

cadillacjack Forum Resident

Same here. Had to really bug them for a refund.

9. ListenUp

ListenUp Senior Member

I ordered 5 titles(all out of print dvd-a and sacd) several months ago and my credit card was immediately charged.After about two months I received one of the titles on my order.Every email inquiry about when my titles were shipping was answered with the standard "they should be here very soon"
    Ironically, I just emailed to cancel my order before logging on here.

10. jl151080

I'm very interested to see if my order for the 'Layla SACD is fulfilled, after reading these experiences!

I don't like sites that charge you immediatly, before your order has shipped. So far, though, I don't seem to have been charged for my order, though it may not have gone through yet so hasn't shown up on my bank statement...

11. count.d

count.d Senior Member

I would not recommend using DVD4MUSIC.COM.

My experience has been that he doesn't have the item in stock, charges your card immediately, then if you cancel the order he will give false promises about refunding your card. I complained to my credit card company and received a refund from them.

If you search on the internet, you will find many others who have registered sites for the sole purpose of highlighting this dodgy company.

I would avoid DVD4MUSIC.COM.

12. jl151080

I'm going to avoid them from now on as I've read too many bad experiences, but the one & only order I placed, for the Layla SACD, was fulfilled.

13. dadmav

dadmav Forum Resident

There are still some SACD's at your music.com for $6.99, all the Clapton's and some Elton John as well as Marvin Gaye and the Carpenters. And free shipping as well...in where it asks artist ,click title and type in sacd

14. rpd

rpd Senior Member

does anyone know if these guys are still in business?

15. back2vinyl

back2vinyl Forum Resident

If they are... AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!! As far as I know, they don't have any items in stock and certainly not the ones they advertise. They charge your card after you place an order but chances are you will never see the goods you paid for. When you try to get a refund they just fob you off with excuses - I had to threaten legal action to get my money back.

16. rpd

rpd Senior Member

Yea, I used they several years ago w/o a problem, but I am getting no response from them on an order about 3 weeks old...

Amex will back me, however...

17. GroovinGarrett

GroovinGarrett Mrs. Stately's Garden

Out of business since June 2011.

EDIT: Never mind, helps if I look at the post date first. :D

18. rpd

rpd Senior Member

funny, they will still charge your credit card today :shake:

19. Mr Wensleydale

Mr Wensleydale Forum Resident

Yes, these guys are rip-off merchants. Avoid!

20. podman

podman Forum Resident

Yes, avoid. I paid about 45 GBP for a DVD-A title a couple of years ago. They took my money and never delivered. They never responded to any of my emails either.

podman

21. PoeRaider

PoeRaider Forum Resident

Same exact experience. Dvd4music is to be avoided.

22. Notoriously bad seller that ripped many people off who ordered the rare SACDs and DVD-As they kept listing long after no other store had them.

23. rpd

rpd Senior Member

I am an idiot for ordering...but I'm protected...

Live and learn...

24. GroovinGarrett

GroovinGarrett Mrs. Stately's Garden

Nah, you're not an idiot. The site looks legitimate. My reply was about yourmusic.com, which has been defunct for the past year. I'm sorry about your experience with the DVD 4 music site, no excuse for that sham. At least your CC company has your back.

25. c-eling

c-eling Dinner's In The Microwave Sweety

Count me as one of the victims, bastards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.