Give a listen: Two Analogue Productions 45RPM jazz series needledrops; amazing sound!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Solaris, Oct 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solaris

Solaris a bullet in flight Thread Starter

2. fredhammersmith

fredhammersmith Forum Resident

3. Solaris

Your comments are welcome and appreciated. :)

4. Chazz

Chazz Music Addict

Both sound terrific! I have the MFSL aluminum cd Sonny Rollins -Way Out West and love it but I'm jealous of the sound of your needledrop!

5. vinylkid58

vinylkid58 Senior Member

6. DJ WILBUR

DJ WILBUR The Cappuccino Kid

another krupasterpiece.

curious why this thread is so poorly attended and commented on. doing needledrops are so time consuming, so I appreciate your efforts Jason, they sound great, I just dont know these albums, so I can't comment on HOW GREAT, i know they are.

Still where are all the audiophiles in here????

:confused:

7. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Ah, brings back good memories..:)

8. MusicMtnMonkey

MusicMtnMonkey New Member

I'd like to speak up for those like myself who have listened to maybe 5 or 10 needledrops in lossless format. Made about the same number myself. I'll be knowledgable enough to give more detailed input soon, keep up the needle drops everyone!

9. DJ WILBUR

we're all martyr's to the cause....:righton:

so what you been needledropping? maybe we should start a needledrop sample's thread in here and just keep that one going with the vinyl heads in here...i'm sure all 5 of us will keep each other amused...

kinda like the revolving what concert you going to today thread....

I just finished the new Iron & Wine album, quiet as can be and really nicely done I think.

Still Jason, you're doin great and your work is exemplary....

10. Solaris

:laugh:

Wow we're up to five now? Let's pray for one more. With six you get eggroll. :D

Maybe I should have posted something from A Charlie Brown Christmas. Perhaps my choices were too obscure?

11. dgstrat

dgstrat Senior Member

Those sound fantastic. The drums and sax just sound so real and there's a tremendous amount of space between instruments. Very life-like. Very nice job......by Steve on the mastering and Jason on the ND!

12. phish

phish Jack Your Body

your needledrops do indeed sound fantastic! i received my package as well. marvelous.

cheers.

13. Solaris

Thanks guys. I mainly wanted to give people who don't have these pressings a chance to hear how good they sound, and also maybe vindicate those of us who rave about these 45s and appear a little cuckoo to the rest of you. :D

14. RDK

RDK Active Member

Sounds great! - and that's listening on my PC speakers at work. I still wish these were on a single disc (for convenience) and cheaper (cause I'm cheap), but I do have to pick up a few of these.

15. johnny33

johnny33 New Member

Thanks Jason. I was afraid that the playing of these on our little ol' computers might not show just how great these are. But it actually gives a nice representation and a little insight to what these babies sound like.

Good job ! :)

16. Starwanderer

Starwanderer Senior Member

Fantastic sound! :edthumbs:

Thanks for sharing :)

17. pbda

pbda Forum Resident

Thanks for the needledrops; I've got a number of the AP 45s, and I am impressed, without exception, at the quality of sound. It really spoils you for anything else.

18. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

I was just about to type the same review! Nice job Jason!

19. Mike Dow

Mike Dow I kind of like the music

Beautiful mastering and a great needledrop. Nice!

20. DaveN

DaveN Music Glutton

That is a nice bit of work - both from Steve and from Jason! Now the $50 per record doesn't look so bad. Well, it still looks bad, but I can see the value now!

21. Todd Fredericks

Todd Fredericks Senior Member

My question is why the CD (SACD) versions of some of these titles be mastered as open as the 45's? I know if Steve & Kevin were doing the mastering then they would be but why???

Todd

22. avbuff

avbuff Forum Resident

Sorry Jason:

My old imac downloaded your ND as a text file in Excel !! :crazy:
    I'm pissed.

23. Solaris

Try changing the file extension to .flac and see if that works. You'll have to convert it if you don't have a flac player.

24. DJ WILBUR

i bet its the best sounding excel file you've never heard.

25. scotto

scotto Senior Member

There are several open-source programs for converting .flac files to play on iTunes or other Mac players, but none of them are that simple to integrate. Supposedly Mac is adding .flac access to their upcoming Leopard OS release...we'll see.
    In the meantime, I use this one, http://earpick.wordpress.com/2007/06/11/how-to-play-flac-in-itunes-on-mac/ but it's a somewhat involved process.
    But once you hear those wonderful needle drops, it will all be worth it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.