Annie Ross: Sings A Song With Mulligan (180g reissue)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by scotto, Aug 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scotto

scotto Senior Member Thread Starter

I've been a big fan of both Mulligan and Annie Ross (along with LH&R) for a long time and never knew they recorded together until I spied this on the Acoustic Sounds website awhile back. Her solo work is few and far between anyway, so this was a double treat. We've had this record for a couple of months now and have really enjoyed it: One of the cleanest, clearest jazz LPs I've ever heard with amazing dynamics. Plus it swings like mad.
    But yesterday I brought home some speakers that our dealer is letting us audition (which are a major step up from what we have now) and gave this record a fresh spin.
    Yikes! The record was wonderful before, now it's astounding. For singer, band, and arrangements, this is one of the best jazz vocal LPs I've ever heard. Anyone else have this? I'd like to know what others think.

2. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

We had fun mastering it..

3. scotto

scotto Senior Member Thread Starter

That's the other thing.......nowhere on the sleeve or the Acoustic Sounds writeup does it credit you-know-who for mastering. An added bonus!

4. DanG

DanG On Green Dolphin Street

I saw this thread, and ordered this LP. Thank you for the heads-up, this is great.

Annie Ross surely does swing. She takes great songs and makes them her own. Mulligan, Baker, Farmer, et al. are wonderful in their own right, as well as superb accompaniment. Mulligan is a favorite of my mine.

What a well thought-out, and well-executed project. And the sound is great, too! :righton:

On the back cover, at the bottom, is a Production Note: The last two tracks on each side did not appear on the original LP release. I love when this happens; it's almost an SH trademark :righton:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.