The LAST Monkees Colgems 45?!?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Sunset Sam, Jun 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sunset Sam

Sunset Sam Forum Resident Thread Starter

Would you believe........

Attached Files:

2. Sunset Sam

BTW....I was just tooling around with Photoshop for the very first time. Didn't mean to freak anyone out! :)

3. voicebug

voicebug Senior Member

You just released 'Carlisle Wheeling' as a single in a parallel universe. :p

4. Lord Hawthorne

Lord Hawthorne Currently Untitled

Where's the picture sleeve?

5. TheNomadicSoul

TheNomadicSoul Active Member

Excellent job, my friend! How about the flip side?

6. Propinquity

Propinquity Forum Resident

The flip side should be "I Believe You" from Justus.

PhoffiFozz likes this.
  7. minerwerks

minerwerks Forum Resident

I found it!
    [​IMG]

8. Chip TRG

Chip TRG Senior Member

Wow......you absolutely nailed it.....one of the best Photoshops I have EVER seen. Nice Job!!!!

9. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Very nice. How'd you know what fonts to use? Trial and error or...?

Kwad

10. Sunset Sam

I just copied and pasted the font from other Monkees 45s. Luckily, the other 45s had the letters I needed! :)

Nice PS, btw!

11. crimsoncing

crimsoncing New Member

Wait "Smile" what happen to I Believe You???? Oh God is this a promo??? lol

12. cwitt1980

cwitt1980 Senior Member

can we start a discussion on how this mix compares to the remastered "monkees box" version?

this single version has extra vocals by Micky.
    I can't hear them on the cd.

13. "R" Ed

"R" Ed Forum Resident

Wait a minute!!! You've got Peter in the shot and since he quit you got to amend the shot to just show the trio, right?:shake:

14. Mark H

Mark H Senior Member

You photoshop guys amaze me. It's still a crapshoot for me to get my printer to work properly.

15. Sunset Sam

Well....technically I flubbed, too, Ed. I used the next sequential Colgems pressing (#5015) which would have been after Mike left the group, too! But, seeing as Colgems could have released anything they wanted too, we could go with the theory that they used a sleeve showing all 4 to dupe the public into believing they were back together!

16. intv7

intv7 Senior Member

Talk about a manufactured band! :laugh:

17. storrs19

storrs19 Life is Mono

Great song selection IMHO. I think we have a hit. Number 1 with a bullet :righton:

18. mark f.

mark f. Senior Member

Is this the single they are going to offer with the next set of deluxe editions?:shh:

19. TheNomadicSoul

I think what you should have done was picked a really high number, put a couple tunes from Justus on there, and claim that they've been recording music all this time. They just haven't been releasing stuff until the Justus single.

20. mr_mjb1960

mr_mjb1960 I'm a Tarrytowner 'Til I die!

The 45 that should have been,but wasn't,unfortunatly..Colgems loss,I guess....THANX!!!Michael Boyce

21. "R" Ed

"R" Ed Forum Resident

Sunset,

What is needed is a photoshop of a "Billboard" ad for the single indicating the guys had to re-group one last time because of the fine print in their contracts that they owed Colgems one last record.

Then show on the bottom of the ad "coming soon the forthcoming last album by the guys... entitled: "1334 North Beachwood" (a take-off on The Beatles last album - Abbey Road)

22. TheNomadicSoul

:laugh:

And of course we'll need to create a buzz about "Peter is dead" since he wasn't photographed on the previous albums.

23. Sunset Sam

FWIW....from searching these forums, I found out that some RCA/Colgems pressings from 1969 used the Varitype font of Erbar Medium Condensed. Sure enough, I googled that and found that font out there (for a price, of course). I have only seen that font used on the non-Colgems-logo labels for Monkees' "Listen To The Band"/"Someday Man" and "Good Clean Fun"/"Mommy and Daddy" 45s. I am curious as to what font was used for the other Colgems pressings, including the label I made? Perhaps forumite W.B. is lurking...???

24. Sunset Sam

What the Monkees should have done back in 1969 is take some photos the way the Lovin' Spoonful did after Zally was kicked out.....he would still show up at the photo shoot and he'd be in the background with his face in a barn window, etc......hilarious! Now that I think about it, the last Rascals album "Search and Nearness" (which started with Eddie and ended without him) had a pic of the three remaining Rascals and Eddie waving from a far-off window. Of course, Eddie wasn't really there, that was added in......

Peter should have shown up for the photo shoots and be off in the distance somewhere smoking a cigarette or something.....

25. BobT

BobT Resident Monkeeman

On the back of Instant replay- the 3 Monkees in the treehouse holding up the Colgems gold records... in the backround is a picture of all 4 Monkees.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.