Channel 4 (UK) Sunday 3rd June: 'Making The Monkees' documentary

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Emberglow, Jun 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emberglow

Emberglow Senior Member Thread Starter

Western European forum members that can receive Channel 4 from the UK may be interested in a documentary on The Monkees that is being shown tomorrow night (Sunday 3rd June) at 10pm.

[​IMG]

2. Curiosity

Curiosity Just A Boy

I will be watching the program tomorrow.

3. WebOPtimist

WebOPtimist New Member

Making The Monkees

Don't suppose you could record it? There's a bunch of us over at the Monkees List ( http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/Monkees-list/ ) really wanting to see it.

Richard

4. Curiosity

Curiosity Just A Boy

Unfortunately I'll be on vacation in a matter hours afterwards so can't oblige.

Maybe somebody else can?

Be aware the UK and Western Europe uses PAL colour tv system (superior) and higher line rate (625 lines) so you'd need a multi-standard VCR or access to standards conversion to get it to 525 line NTSC which you have.

I'm not to sure if US DVD players can output or convert PAL to NTSC although they can handle the content in monochrome if someone can put it on DVD for you.

5. alan uk

alan uk New Member

Hello i have just watched the monkees documentary on channel4 here in the uk and i have put it on dvd (pal) if anyone wants one let me know
    al uk

6. JJ75

JJ75 Forum Resident

Just watched it.

Remember enjoying their TV show as a kid in the 80's. They used to show it a lot during the school summer hols.

Quite interesing and informative. Learned a learned lot about the bands rise and fall, and the relationship between each other, and thier management

Forum member and biographer Andrew Sandoval, featured in it quite prominently too, Hey Andrew :wave: still enjoying that German Polydor of the Hollies Butterfly you recommended to me.

CHeers

JJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.