Rolling Stones Aftermath US London Mono Question

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Alan G, May 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alan G

Alan G More A Lurker Than A Poster Thread Starter

I saw a red label US mono in the local used record store today and I was wondering if there was anything special about this mix? It was not in the greatest condition but it might clean up decently. So, anything special or just be happy with the SACD? Thanks!!

Alan

2. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

I like the Mono U.S. LP. I am pretty sure it is a dedicated mono mix. DOes anyone know? Also, are these mixes the same as the U.K. mono? I realize the track listing is different.

3. W.B.

W.B. The Collector's Collector

From what I could tell of the U.S. London mono, if based on "Paint It, Black," the album was a fold-down. That's because "PI,B" was relatively "dry" on the mono 45 which was "dedicated" - but on the LP had reverb, just as on the stereo.

4. My recollection from when I A/B'd them is that the US mono AFTERMATH is a fold-down and the UK mono is a dedicated mono mix. This was over 10 years ago though so I hope memory is serving me well here!

5. tages

tages Senior Member

The UK mono is definitely a dedicated mix. And it makes me wonder how many tracks on the "Singles Collection" SACD are fold-downs. "Under My Thumb" should fade quite early in the mono mix, for instance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.