ZZ Top Worldwide Texas Tour 1976

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by rcdupre, Apr 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rcdupre

rcdupre Flying is Trying is Dying Thread Starter

I just saw on VH1 the 40 craziest or whatever concert moments and saw the 1976 ZZ Top World Wide Texas Tour listed with video of the show with animals, is this from a tape of a whole concert?...this ZZ Top tour of "Tejas", my fave ZZ LP, I've been trying to get a high qual. sbd show of for ages... there are no ZZ Top soundboards prior to 1980, but from seeing the show it appears that someone has this on video...incidentally I was shocked to see a band that I used to be in from 1993-1994 (Brian Jonestown Massacre, who I thought and still think totally sucks!) was listed as number 7, high above ZZ Top, Alice Copper and Hendrix even, this for a bunch of talentless, non musicians, shocking !!! but anyway, any thoughts? talk amongst yourselves...

2. Chris Schoen

Chris Schoen Rock 'n Roll !!!

Yeah, Tejas is a great album. The vinyl sounds incredible, but they should
    reissue it the same as Tres Hombres and Fandango (flat transfer from the
    original tapes) and the First and Rio Grand Mud albums also. Never did see these guys live - "that little 'ol band from Texas!" Hey, by the way, what are
    the best places to buy music (c.d.'s and vinyl) in San Diego? Might be going
    there this summer - Thanks!

3. joelee

joelee Hyperactive!

Saw this tour in 1975. They played 2 shows here at home on Thanksgiving Day. Rory Gallagher opened, I'd never heard of Rory before but I've been a fan ever since. Rory's Trio (with only spotlights) blew away Billy's Trio (with all the props). Not saying the Top was bad at all, Rory was unbelievable.

4. rinso white

rinso white Pale Fire

"sound matters" just sent an email out today (to people who signed up) that they have some back catalog ZZ Top coming out on vinyl. No dates or anything, but something to keep an eye out for.

"Sound Matters" is a new Warner Bros. vinyl and DVD-A project, FYI.

5. rcdupre

rcdupre Flying is Trying is Dying Thread Starter

I could see that happening, was it at the Astrodome? anyone else on the bill?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.