The Weakest Link: STREET SURVIVORS, Round 1

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Joey Self, Aug 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joey Self

Joey Self Red Forman's Sensitivity Guru Thread Starter

Lynyrd Skynyrd's 1977 release gets into the WL ring this week. Pick two of these as weak links.

2. winopener

winopener Forum Resident

3. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

Wow - looks like I'll have to finally visit Wall Mart. I hope the Canadian stores would have this.

God and Guns was a good album musically but it's actually painful to listen to it on anything better than a mini system. :sigh: I guess ‘Last of a Dyin’ Breed,’ would be the same. :mad:

Oh, back to the thread.... there ain't no "weak links" on this album!!! :D:D:D

4. Fullbug

Fullbug Forum Resident

Wow, another almost "perfect" record. I went with Honky Tonk, just because I always thought it would have fit in better on Nothin Fancy or Gimme Back.

5. Joey Self

"I Never Dreamed" and "Honky Tonk..." The program has a bit of a lull on side two.

JcS

6. Yankee8156

Yankee8156 Senior Member

Honky Tonk and I Never Dreamed

7. Todd W.

Todd W. It's a Puggle

Honky Tonk Night Time Man and You Got That Right. This will be impossible the next few rounds. One of my very favorite albums by one of my favorite bands. The deeper cuts are what makes this album classic.

8. gd0

gd0 Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies

I Never Dreamed
    Honky Tonk Night Time Man

9. Sandinista

Sandinista Forum Resident

I don't know if anyone else does this but I always inadvertently vote for one weak link instead two. Anyway, I voted off Honkey Tonk.

I am surprised to see I Never Dreamed getting so many votes - one of my favorite Skynyrd songs. Would hate to see it go so soon.

10. 1970

1970 Forum Resident

This is the LS album I play the least because it always makes me sad.

Like Sandinista I mistakenly voted off only one, "Ain't No Good Life." I never got used to Skynyrd having a second lead vocalist.

11. mike65!

mike65! Senior Member

Agreed. These get my vote.

12. Joey Self

I know I do that sometime when voting in someone else's poll. No biggie; I guess I could say "pick one or two as weak links."

JcS

13. Sandinista

Sandinista Forum Resident

I think I have an internal resistance to giving 2 songs the boot at once :D especially on releases with 10 or less songs.

Man, no love for I Never Dreamed around these parts. Not only do I really dig the song as a stand alone tune, in my mind, it also provides a nice counterpart and different shade to the harder rocking songs and the rave ups.

14. Mike McMann

Mike McMann Forum Resident

I Never Dreamed and One More Time

15. Rapid Fire

Rapid Fire Hyperactive!

Honky Tonk Night Time Man and Ain't No Good Life. That was already hard to pick.

16. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

I love Skynyrd Mark I and this album, but this album has 2 songs I just can't stand.

Honky Tonk #1 because I don't like country music, which is what this song sounds like to me. Country music of old that is. Country music today is a lot worse, it now sounds like Mutt Lange overproduced pop sung by "beautiful people" with a country twang.

What's Your Name because, well I just think it is God awful. Especially the horns in it.

17. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Note to (my) Self ;)

I need to stay out of these threads until they're long gone from " new posts," or I'm just going to get annoyed.

Every one of these songs means a great deal to me, and to see any of them criticized is apparently more than I can handle.

18. Joey Self

I considered starting it as single elimination, but thought I spotted the one song that was sure to go, and figured I'd move us along. Turns out, I was right in thinking "Honky Tonk" was doomed from the jump.

JcS

19. stever

stever Senior Member

Wow, junior in high school. I'm sure I heard this album twice as many times as I remember. :)

I Know a Little and Honky Tonk Night Time Man are the weakest songs here. Please, go play, I Never Dreamed -- it's a terrific song!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.