Audio Fidelity new 24 Kt Gold CD of "Crosby, Stills & Nash" Review: Veil Removed!!!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by audiomixer, Dec 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tootull

tootull Looking through a glass onion

"What'd I Say" You are the funniest poster on the forum. We're having fun.

2. tootull

3. tribby2001

tribby2001 Forum Resident

The vast majority of us minions will never have the privilege of the "Hi-Fi" experience. I think I speak for the majority here that we can't wait to read your review!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    :laugh: :laugh:
    :laugh:

Merry Christmas to you!

4. MikeP5877

MikeP5877 V/VIII/MCMLXXVII

It'd be funny if it wasn't "too damn real"

5. tootull

Perfect! If you can't hear differences on a low-fi, you have no business owning a hi-fi. :laugh:

High five!

6. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

7. Ed Hughes

Ed Hughes Senior Member

I only made the "highly unlikely"statement based on the fact I have not heard any SH mastered discs that were overly bright.Obviously I haven't heard them all but any in my collection would not be considered overly bright.(IMO)Of the titles mentioned above Soft Parade is the only one I own and I thought it sounded fine.The others I've not heard.

8. Ed Hughes

Ed Hughes Senior Member

9. mwheelerk

mwheelerk Sorry, I can't talk now, I'm listening to music...

Let Me Think

If Member Z compairs album version 1 with album version 2 using system A and member Y compairs album version 1 with album version 2 using system B then Member Z’s comparison is more valid then Member Y’s comparison because.......or wait is it Member Y’s is more valid because....or is it they are both totallly valid...or was that they are both totally invalid because...or...or I get so confused trying to figure out whose better whose best. :shake:

10. c-eling

c-eling They're made of light,We never would have guessed

"Daylight again" would be nice also,talk about a veil that needs lifted :)

11. vonwegen

vonwegen Forum Resident

So making jokes about typos is taboo? Jeez, the political correctness police are out in force today... Karma back at ya, mein Freund...

12. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Maybe he's compensating.

13. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Agreed. I have never seen Claus like that. Please bring the old Claus back and check the new one at the door.

14. Claus

Claus Senior Member

@all

I apologize for my offense comment :cheers:

15. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

I for one accept your apology. :wave:

16. vonwegen

vonwegen Forum Resident

Now we can get back to blasting away on our stolid-state Heathkit stereos with the K-Mart speakers... :laugh:

17. monewe

monewe Forum Resident

Repeat please!!!Repeat please!!!!

18. tootull

Heathkit stereos ??? Somehow you've managed to offend a friend of mine. :laugh: He doesn't buy his speakers at K-Mart, he buys all his big-box store speakers at salons for less money.

19. LeeS

LeeS Music Fan

Not everyone in the hobby can purchase the mega-buck gear and high end audio has too much arrogance on gear. The thing is...many expensive systems can be bettered by more humble systems through system synergy (like better amp/speaker combinations), tweaks, and room acoustics/solutions.

I think over time we come to learn whose opinion seems informed and base some of our observation on that.

However, ultimately I think playing the CD in one's own system and finding how much satisfaction that brings over the long haul is what really matters.

Claus is a good guy but I was glad to see the classy apology.

I greatly look forward to hearing this CD. It's such a classic album.

20. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

I already bought it! I'm just waiting for it to be shipped!

21. Grant

Don't you love the way people think they can judge the sound without even hearing it? We have people here claiming that the Classic Records vinyl can't possibly blow away this new CD that was made from the original two-track tapes, and the vinyl was made from a tape copy! Incredible!:sigh:

22. JohnnyH

JohnnyH Senior Member

Hopefully this will be in the UK before December 25th...
    JohnnyH

or should that be JohnyH for this CD only? ;)

23. Grant

Maybe AF is just picking albums of a wider variety of sound quality.

24. Claus

Claus Senior Member

Well, I don't want justify my rude comment..... but I was a little "upset", when I read comments (various threads): this one sounds only marginal better and it's not worth the purchase.

It's true... we don't need 100k gear to hear a good sounding CD, SACD, DVD-A, LP or what else. I hear my favorite music on my "low-fi" B&W MM-1 computer speakers and also on the best playback systems, which are better than my little gear. I always hear the differences on "audiophile" CDs... when I hear better playback components, speakers etc.

And I agree with LeeS' comment about the synergy of components. That's why I think the room acoustic is the most important component in any configuration. The best speakers are useless in a lousy room.... even the acoustics on headphones, when your ears are not exactly the same... what is normal.

Next time... I will think before I write ;)

25. Grant

That's what I'm gonna do!:righton:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.