Beatles Red & Blue Albums Remastered Oct. 19 (Part Two)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by darkmatter, Oct 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stateless

Stateless New Member

John, Paul & George look pretty much the same in all 3 pictures, Ringo really gives it away that they are different covers. I also noticed (I'm sure everybody did) Ringo doesn't have the Beatle haircut in the photos.

2. Stateless

Stateless New Member

I never saw them side by side.

3. mr_mjb1960

mr_mjb1960 I'm a Tarrytowner 'Til I die!

They're the Martin 1987 Remixes,in fact,ALL of it excepting the the Mono tracks,were remixed by Martin.

4. cartologist

cartologist Just the son of an Iowa girl

Having read them, I haven't looked the bloke up, but he seem to have been paid by the adjective. They are puff pieces, plain and simple - no depth to them, and no critical eye at all. That said, there are very few re-release essays that are anything but adulatory. The Doors' remix essays slag Morrison throughout but leave the living untouched.

Some of The Who reissues are less than complementary about their subjects' diversions and excesses.

5. cartologist

Didn't see them at Costco yesterday. They have very little in the way of new audio these days.

6. jl151080

jl151080 Senior Member

What sort of subjects do the new essays cover? Are they just outlines of The Beatles career?

7. SgtMacca

SgtMacca New Member

Apart from A Day In The Life, is there any other song with some differences respecting to the remastered albums?

8. mr_mjb1960

Nope..it's the 1993 Cd's,Remastered and repacked with new Liner Notes and restored "Color Apple" Labeling.

9. jl151080

jl151080 Senior Member

No.

10. cartologist

Actually, you'd have a hard time figuring what their career was from them. The first part of each essay is identical in each version. At least with the old elpees you knew where the songs came from and when they were released.

11. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

Thank you!

12. Dugan

Dugan Senior Member

My Costco has very little of any audio these days. Mostly DVD & BluRay.

13. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member

Are these meant to be jokes?

14. SolarWind

SolarWind New Member

Of course the bass was boosted/put in/improved on the 2009 remasters, whatever term you like, no doubt about it:
    The EQ lead engineer of the remastering team, Steve Rooke, did say quite clearly in that interview that boosting the bass was one of the project objectives and that the remastering team would do it whenever they could. What more evidences do you need to concede that the bass was boosted? :agree:

Steve Rooke: "Guy and Paul came up to my room, we had a listen through to what was now the cleaned-up master version, and decided how we were going to tackle each track... If we could put a bit more bass line or kick drum in and give it a bit more punch, we would do."

15. mr_mjb1960

16. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member

No. The mastering is entirely different.

And the only remixed tracks are those from Help and Rubber Soul, contrary to your earlier comment.

17. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

Thanks, lukpac. :agree:

18. mr_mjb1960

I though I'd written that! It probably got lost in its content send! Oh,well..I've gonna have to spotcheck my comments and see if it ALL gets through,not just bits & pieces!:righton:

19. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

The word of the day is: Decaf! Learn it. Love it.

Evan

20. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

They didn't do that to every track. Some tracks have less bass than on the older CDs. For Abbey Road, I listened to the old and to the new, and I know what I hear. No bass boost there.

21. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member

I'm pretty sure that isn't what Steve was referring to, nor have I ever heard a "same across the board EQ" mastering referred to as a "flat transfer".

22. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member

Nobody is claiming they did anything to every track. However, you claimed (repeatedly) that any additional bass was *not* due to a bass boost, which does not seem to be the case.

23. Batears52

Batears52 Senior Member

Thank you! They are not the same as the 1993 releases. They are the same as the 2009 remasters - for the most part i.e. ADITL).

24. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member

I stumbled across this, which is amusing:

http://wogew.blogspot.com/2009/09/1987-cd-mixes.html

25. jl151080

jl151080 Senior Member

Billy Infinity likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.