Beatles blue box*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mcow1, Apr 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daveman

daveman Forum All Star

Ha! I didn't even notice that. Very observant...

Hopefully it's not to compensate for missing LP's...:rolleyes:

2. floyd

floyd Senior Member

of course if he is calling that box in "fair" condition I wonder what the "good" means for the lp's?

3. Rspaight

Rspaight New Member

Hard Day's Night appears to be AWOL...

Ryan

4. Chris Desjardin

Chris Desjardin Senior Member

When I looked at the picture, I thought the same exact thing...

5. ascot

ascot Senior Member

Beatles UK LP blue box question

Could someone tell me the difference between these two sets:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2593250383&category=43711

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2594431700&category=43711

If the descriptions are to be believed, the first set was never played and the second one only once. I just can't believe $145 difference between the two. Is one the actual UK issue and the other the export edition?

Hopefully I did well because I'm the winner on the second set! :)

6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Forum Resident

7. John Carsell

John Carsell Forum Resident

I guess if 'ya play 'em once and there's a little bit more wear to the box, that can change the price substancially.

Same UK type box set in both auctions a far as I can tell.

8. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

I just bought the Blue box. I figured it would be cheaper buying it this way than separately.

9. ascot

ascot Senior Member

Shawn, that was my reasoning as well.

10. bartels76

The Beatles BC-13 blue box kicks ass!

I just got this from Ebay and I put on Rubber Soul. Holy crap does this sound awesome! It sounds perfect!

How close does this box sound to the orginal UK pressings?

11. Randy W

Randy W Original Member

It's pretty close, and for a lot less money.

12. ascot

ascot Senior Member

I just got one last week, also from eBay. I put on Sgt Pepper first and my jaw dropped. :righton:

13. Joe Koz

Joe Koz Prodigal Bone Brotherâ„¢ In Memoriam

Enjoy guys, those records are nice!!!

14. Burningfool

Burningfool Just Stay Alive

A quick question about this box - are all issues identical regardless of the country of origin, or were there different pressings from different countries? Were all issues pressed in the UK and exported?

Thanks,

Chris

15. Bruce Burgess

Bruce Burgess Senior Member

No. These LPs were pressed in several countries. I have a German Blue box and most were pressed in Germany, but a few were pressed in Holland. I would recommend the UK box set because some of the sets contain one or more bad pressings.

My German With The Beatles and A Hard Day's Night sound horrible, although all of the others are exceptional. I understand that a couple of the Japanese LPs use questionable tapes and the Dutch Abbey Road has Her Majesty left off of it. The UK box sets don't seem to have any problem pressings.

16. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

I've never really heard a bad sounding Beatles Parlophone or Apple pressing from the 1960's or '70's (discounting the rotten MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR LP). Some are more tuneful than others but all in all I've never heard one that wasn't perfectly satisfying.

17. Loud Listener

Loud Listener Forum Resident

So who bought the number 88 box that was on ebay?

18. MartinGr

MartinGr Senior Member

I've recently taken out my dutch BC 13 one and was very, very pleased with Please Please Me.
    But especially Rubber Soul sounded a bit shrill to me - and has noisy vinyl. I decided to like it because of the original mixes... but the sound of the CD seems more balanced to me.
    I remember the original BC13 here in Germany had the normal pressings in the usual German covers, the same that were sold seperately & a poster. Soon after the sadest day in December 1980 we saw a lot of dutch pressings in the shops (because they sold so much). So I got my Dutch BC13 (without poster and Her Majesty) and my mixed Dutch/German Lennon box.

Martin

19. Did the W German BC 13 also included Magical Mystery Tour?

Here's a Web site that discusses the BC 13, along with the BMC 10 and the CD box set. However I do not agree with their comment on the CD box set.
    "Each set included all the albums in new digitally remastered CD versions, with the first four albums in glorious mono." :rolleyes:
    http://www.jpgr.co.uk/boxlp.html

20. sharedon

sharedon Forum Zonophone

A set just went for $300 on eBay. Isn't that a bit pricey?

21. bartels76

BC-13 stereo recently have gone for the average of $ 150. I bought mine at $ 130 because the guy wrote is name in the inner covers of the albums.

Other than that they are mint & quiet!

22. MikePh

MikePh Forum Resident/Song and Dance Man

I bought mine for $160 because the seller didn't know what it was !!!!!!!!!!
    Stone cold Mint :)

23. the 801

the 801 New Member

I snagged a stone cold mint UK BC-13 for $80 at a record show in 1996. I since gave it away as a gift to a good friend...

24. diskguy

diskguy Senior Member

A "Rarity"

I got a mint Blue Box set a while back & just now pulled out the "Rarities" LP. I was shocked & bummed :shake: out when I saw the label! It looks like 2 labels were pressed, one was upside down. (See the attached jpg ) At least it only affects "You Know My Name" & "Sie Liebt Dich" & I do have a Rarities from a Japanese BC-13. I've checked the rest of the LPs & they're all mint. I agree that these are some of the best sounding Beatles tracks I've heard!

Attached Files:

25. MartinGr

MartinGr Senior Member

No, it didn't...

Martin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.