NEW Led Zeppelin releases!!!!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by shinedaddy, Jul 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave D

Dave D Done!

Hopefully Chad won't charge too much. I got Snakes and Arrows for $10 less elsewhere. Weird why that particular album was so costly.

2. Stefan

Stefan Senior Member

Yeah, it's hard to predict their prices. Sometimes I've seen higher prices at his place than the other Canadian dealers but then sometimes his have been cheaper.

3. Tony Plachy

Tony Plachy Senior Member

Evan, Congrats on the 10K, I can only hope to get there some day. Good to see you back in Vermont. I was up in Stowe last month, purely for pleasure, no business. :righton:

4. Stefan

Stefan Senior Member

LZ has a myspace page!

I also wonder if they'll reissue the whole catalog on CD and vinyl since the press releases today about the digital downloads indicates that their whole catalog will be available for download. As I wrote before, it seems strange that they'd end the Classic reissue program and not replace it with something else. If they weren't going to do so, it'd make sense to continue the CR reissues

5. Stefan

Stefan Senior Member

Just thought I'd share some comments about the new TSRTS audio from a guy who saw an advance screening of the Blu-Ray version:

Full thread here.

6. rokritr

rokritr Shoveling smoke with a pitchfork in the wind

There's some misinformation in that thread....

The "extra" performances.....the previously released "Misty Mountain Hop" and "The Ocean" and the never-before-released "Celebration Day" and "Over The Hills And Far Away" are NOT added to the revised film.

They are "extras".....but this reviewer is right about one thing....The 5.1 sound quality IS STUNNING.......and that's just the Standard Edition.

Also, the footage of "Celebration Day" is AWESOME!

This will be a MUST for every Zeppelin fan.....The visual clarity is like night-and-day from the previous DVD release, and the 5.1 mix truly is mind-bending.

7. motorcitydave

motorcitydave Enlightened Rogue In Memoriam

8. Stefan

Stefan Senior Member

If you read the whole thread, he admits that he left the room before the end of WLL and came back, so he didn't see them switching to the extras.

By the way you answered, it sounds like you`ve seen it as well. Have you?

9. rokritr

Yes, and started posting about it in this thread a few months ago.....

It's a great time to be a Zeppelin fan !:righton:

10. Stefan

Stefan Senior Member

Indeed it is.

I didn't actually get from your previous posts that you'd actually seen the remastered film. The only thing that stuck in my mind was that you hinted about having some sort of inside info about lots of activity in 2008 to celebrate the 40th anniversary.

Now that we know Stan Ricker has mastered the vinyl Mothership and TSRTS, have you heard anything about the whole catalog being re-released on vinyl with new mastering? It's the only thing that makes sense now that they've ended the Classic Records issues.

11. Stefan

Stefan Senior Member

12. ZappaSG

ZappaSG New Member

Awesome read!

I am very, very excited about this!!

:righton:

13. Stefan

Stefan Senior Member

14. Dave D

Dave D Done!

:edthumbs:
    Caveman's the man!! I'd love for him to do 5.1 of all the studio albums. He's a surround guy!

15. Christobal

Christobal Forum Resident

Hmmm. I thought I read initially the the film was re-worked to add the new songs and even trim some of the dream sequences to make it more of a concert experience.

That (great) article maintains that the actual visual portion of the film was legally locked in the structure of it's original release.

Are the restored songs added as "bonus" content separate from the film?

C

16. Stefan

Stefan Senior Member

Yes, that's how it's been done. My understanding from a member of the FBO list is that films are subject to tons of different contractual agreements even for details such as the order of names in the credits, the fonts used, etc., and to change the actual footage of the feature would have probably meant we'd never see a new version.

17. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

I was never one who hated the original film or soundtrack album. So this new fixed up audio version with bonus footage is fantastic.

And also the soundtrack was a thrilling package I thought. It just should have been a triple album back then. So I hope they do it "box set" style this time, and add a few more pages to the booklet. Black leather box set with the same graphics would be stunning again.

18. rokritr

Personally, not really interested in vinyl....although you "Licorice Pizza" folks will most likely be celebrating at some point next year.

For me, it's all about a 5.1 catalog.......and let me just say that I'll be shocked if I'm not celebrating THAT next year. :righton:

19. regal

regal Member

Shirley is far from a straight shooter.

Is the new TSRTS soundtrack CD a new mix??

As far as a 5.1 zep studio catalog, if it sounds like the 5.1 HTWWW I am not excited. A new stereo mix with a modern take on bonzo's bass drum would be exciting.

20. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

:confused: :sigh:

21. Chris M

Chris M Senior Member In Memoriam

Why do you say that?

Yes.

Huh? Those Zep records have some of the best drum sounds ever. I'd hate to hear a "modern take" on them.

22. Tony Plachy

Tony Plachy Senior Member

To each his own. :rolleyes:

23. RTurner

RTurner Senior Member

:agree: :agree:

:edthumbs: :edthumbs:

Attached Files:

24. davenav

davenav High Plains Grifter

That's quite a blunt statement. Considering that he may in fact see it, don't you think you should elaborate?

Did you read the article? Yes.

Eh? :sigh:

[edit] I see Chris M has said basically the same thing, but nevertheless I think some 'splainin' is required if you are going to attack someone.

25. mrdon

mrdon Senior Member

So it sounds like with the Classic Records releases contract expiring that a new entity is taking up the Zep vinyl mantle from Bernie? Could it be Steve and Kevin with Warner? Or Stan Ricker with Warner? Hmm...if so, then maybe I can give up my search for the elusive "RL" LZII for my collection. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.