Recent Activity

Activity stream for all registered members at Steve Hoffman Music Forums.

1. latheofheaven liked brimuchmuze's post in the thread New Rhino Audiophile series announced: High Fidelity (inc. The Cars, John Coltrane) *.

Is the repress exclusively at the A24 site?

May 20, 2024 at 2:27 AM
  2. latheofheaven replied to the thread Stone Temple Pilots - Purple (25th Anniversary release?).

BTW, FWIW, I was not terribly impressed with the release I received from Amazon. I has an odd 'Make in Italy' sticker on the back of the shrinkwrap. I saw some discussion on Discogs about this, but I didn't get a definitive answer. I know...

May 20, 2024 at 1:52 AM
  3. latheofheaven liked Ryan Bedlack's post in the thread New Rhino Audiophile series announced: High Fidelity (inc. The Cars, John Coltrane) *.

If anyone already has the Sabbath, is it worth the upgrade if I have the 2010 Rhino already? I think that one still sounds great

May 20, 2024 at 1:47 AM
  4. latheofheaven liked brimuchmuze's post in the thread New Rhino Audiophile series announced: High Fidelity (inc. The Cars, John Coltrane) *.

Just thinking, wouldn't "Pretenders" be a great album for this series? [IMG]

5. latheofheaven liked jon9091's post in the thread New Rhino Audiophile series announced: High Fidelity (inc. The Cars, John Coltrane) *.

They did re-press that…albeit in a different cover. Same metal parts though.

6. latheofheaven liked BKphoto's post in the thread New Rhino Audiophile series announced: High Fidelity (inc. The Cars, John Coltrane) *.

I have you all beat…I just bought a tennis racket style bug zapper called the executioner…! greatest invention ever… the obi was different, must’ve sat in some other secret warehouse [IMG]

7. latheofheaven liked slop101's post in the thread New Rhino Audiophile series announced: High Fidelity (inc. The Cars, John Coltrane) *.

If Rhino didn't re-press Stop Making Sense after it sold out of it's roughly 13K print run before it was even released, then they're not repressing these either. *at least not any time soon - wait long enough, almost everything will get...

May 20, 2024 at 1:46 AM
  8. latheofheaven liked Mike H.'s post in the thread New Rhino Audiophile series announced: High Fidelity (inc. The Cars, John Coltrane) *.

If they say limited and numbered, the cynical person inside me says they are leaving the door open to do unnumbered copies. I’m fine with it as long as any represses have something different about it (numbered vs non-numbered, different color,...

9. latheofheaven liked Mike H.'s post in the thread New Rhino Audiophile series announced: High Fidelity (inc. The Cars, John Coltrane) *.

DG Original source was the most recent one that came to mind as others said. I believe VMP has also done a few store exclusives like that. They also did some anthologies that were limited then repressed with a different box design but same...

10. latheofheaven liked Curtis Loew's post in the thread New Rhino Audiophile series announced: High Fidelity (inc. The Cars, John Coltrane) *.

Thanks for the example, tho I'm not at all familiar with Classical labels. Most people won't complain because they're just happy to get a copy. That being said there is dishonesty involved when manipulating customers by manufacturing FOMO. It...

11. latheofheaven liked Swordsandchains's post in the thread New Rhino Audiophile series announced: High Fidelity (inc. The Cars, John Coltrane) *.

well yes, we dont complain because we arent buying 2 of each to hoard/flip and whine about later.

May 20, 2024 at 1:45 AM
  12. latheofheaven liked Michael's post in the thread New Rhino Audiophile series announced: High Fidelity (inc. The Cars, John Coltrane) *.

take a whiff...that'll wake you up. ; )

May 20, 2024 at 1:44 AM
  13. latheofheaven liked Michael's post in the thread New Rhino Audiophile series announced: High Fidelity (inc. The Cars, John Coltrane) *.

Isn't this a little late to the picnic?

14. latheofheaven liked hi_watt's post in the thread New Rhino Audiophile series announced: High Fidelity (inc. The Cars, John Coltrane) *.

I look forward to hearing how Kevin Gray tempers the tambourine on "Sleeping Village".

molar-endocrine