Pink Floyd 2011 / 2012 release schedule on Amazon.com (Part Three)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by darkmatter, Sep 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smiths22

Smiths22 Well-Known Member

lucky you! made in? EU?

2. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

Did you buy the box from some shop or did you receive by post?

I really do hope, that the box thats coming from Amazon.co.uk would have the discs still on spindles without any damage. I hope that everyone gets their sets without any damages whatsoever.

3. ralphie

ralphie Forum Resident

Bought it from a shop. Again, it's not the best packaging ever, but I can see how whoever designed it thought the discs would be safe. The fact that the marbles were individually bubble wrapped leads me to believe that they did care about the contents arriving safely and in good shape.

4. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

Very sad that labels are against using jewel cases or any kind of plastic. CDs are continuously getting ruined by faulty packaging.

5. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

Oh, I see. Thanks for the fast reply here.

It will be exciting moment to open the Immersion set, will report as and when I will receive mine.
    With such a "pricey" box, they could have come up with some more convenient and handy packaging concerning the cds or make it clear that the cd:s would not get ruined during dispatch process.
    Some people even hate papersleeves, but they would have been better in this case. As with David Gilmour - Live In Gdansk deluxe boxset, that had all the discs in their own papersleeves.

6. ponkine

ponkine Senior Member

please remember guys ...

[​IMG]

7. ola_t

ola_t Forum Resident

Just realized that release dates in German-speaking countries are generally on Fridays, so I checked the German iTunes store and sure enough, all the Discovery Editions are on there, as are "Deluxe Experience Version" of Dark Side of the Moon and Wish You Were Here. These latter editions, like the now deleted (I think) U.S. iTunes listing of the Experience edition of The Wall, have bonus tracks -- which are:

Dark Side of the Moon:
    Any Colour You Like (Live In Brighton June 1972)
    Us and Them (Richard Wright Demo)
    The Travel Sequence
    The Dark Side of the Moon Documentary [video]

Wish You Were Here (pre-order, available November 4):
    Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Concert Screen Film, 1975) [video]

For completeness, I'll repeat that The Wall listing included 8 songs from Is There Anybody Out There plus the Behind the Wall documentary.

These Deluxe bonus tracks are all marked "Album Only", alas. But generally speaking, all tracks under 10 minutes in length seem to be sold separately.

So, at least *some* Immersion content will be available for download. Not much and not hi-res and no surround, though, unless another source (EMI themselves? dare we hope?) turns up.

8. PaulT

PaulT Spuzzum

I've been using these a lot recently (Beatles Mono box, etc etc)

http://www.dustygroove.com/item.php...&kwfilter=nagaoka&go_x=14&go_y=11

9. Music Geek

Music Geek Confusion will be my epitaph

:confused:

What did the band really stand for?

I think marketing gimmicks have always been a part of PF story...

10. Nikkes

Nikkes Forum Resident

My DSOTM Experience and my Animals are at the post office and I have to wait until tomorrow :realmad:

But I bought the Meddle in a shop and made a few pics

11. fra_pe

fra_pe Forum Resident

Got my DSOTM Immersion Set today by mail. No problems with the discs, all safe in their place. But a lot of other stuff, that I might look at once or twice, but it's the music that matters. Looking forward for the hi-rez.

12. ponkine

ponkine Senior Member

Thanks for the pics!

Any comments about sonics? A/B comparisions with 1994 versions? :wave:

13. jl151080

jl151080 Senior Member

My Immersion box has arrived, & all 4 discs were loose.

None appear damaged, thankfully.

My McCartney deluxe sets had more scuffed discs.

14. nfloyd

nfloyd Member

Pack 2 of 3 came today :)

[​IMG]

Hopefully pack 3 comes tomorrow.

15. botley

botley Forum Resident

I just heard a FLAC rip of Guthrie & Plante's "One of These Days" remaster. It sounds pretty damn good, maybe not as bright as the original CD, but plenty of dynamic range and great, subtle use of DNR to efffectively scrub the hiss and other extraneous noise out (without losing any of that peculiar "grit" from the Binson'ed bass tracks). Will have to hear the rest of the album to make a final judgment, but this might just permanently replace my MFSL vinyl rip on the iPod.

16. Colocally

Colocally One Of The New Wave Boys

That is the same booklet that is in the old remaster of Meddle isn't it?

17. Music Geek

Music Geek Confusion will be my epitaph

If someone is compiling statistics here is my performance for the Immersion box that I found at home now: three discs out of their spindles... luckily I can't see any scratch but this is really ridiculous.

18. botley

botley Forum Resident

Slightly different text, and a new photo from the 1972 promos instead of the "desert" shot, but otherwise it looks like pretty much the same content.

Here are some screenshots of "One of These Days" 2011 master viewed in Adobe Audition. Waveform:
    [​IMG]

...and a Spectral view:
    [​IMG]

19. Runt

Runt Senior Member

When you say "not as bright as the original CD..." are you referring to the previous remaster?

20. botley

botley Forum Resident

The one I'm most familiar with is an EMI "remastered" CD that says 1992 on the back, but I don't think it's actually Sax's remaster; it must be one of those that has the original pressed on it by mistake, because it never peaks above -2.2 dB or so. Between that and the MFSL vinyl rip, I know this album like the back of my hand.

21. Smiths22

Smiths22 Well-Known Member

Nice! :goodie: what about the sound? does it sound superior that anything before?

22. Lyle_JP

Lyle_JP Forum Curmudgeon

Yeah, that's the 80's era EMI master mislabeled as a remaster. Same as what's in the ObtW box. The Sax master was only in the Shine On box in Europe, though it is easy to find by itself in the States.

23. botley

botley Forum Resident

I live in Canada; funnily enough I've never even seen Sax's remaster of Dark Side in stores here, they all still had the original CD in stock alongside the SACD, until it got pulled from the shelves along with the the 1990s EMI CDs.

24. Lyle_JP

Lyle_JP Forum Curmudgeon

When you say "original" CD, do you mean the one with the album's title in the little circle in the upper left-hand portion of the cover? That's the original (well, the original packaging, anyway).

But if you mean the cover that looks almost like the original LP cover, but with one additional white line going to the prism, and a picture label on the disc, that is the Sax remaster.

25. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Canadian DSOTM page from Vernon's Discography : http://www.pinkfloydarchives.com/DCaCDPF.htm#DSOTM1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.