Current Photos Of Famous Album Cover Locations

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by audiodrome, Mar 12, 2011.

1. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Thanks! From a web search, I found that the address is 149 Cove Neck Road, Cove Neck, Long Island. However, I could not find it on Google Maps. I'm it's too far off the road for a street view anyway.

2. fattyramone

fattyramone New Member

For all you McCartney fans heres a little trip into his growing up years

just copy & paste "20 forthlin road" into the search box

http://www.viewpictures.co.uk/Search.aspx

then run your cursor over the images for more info

3. Raunchnroll

Raunchnroll Senior Member

The problem is the images you are 'comparing' are taken so far apart from each other, in both physical distance & time.... that little if any useful conclusions can be made using them.

What needs to be done is a photo taken as close as possible to the spot Mrbillswildride refers to as the 'Yield cover' shot.

The problem with perspective in wide open spaces (as here) is that small position changes can result in significantly different views of the local topography. This is well known in the realm of historical/archaeological investigation when using early photographs as a tool.

4. DanFromIndy

DanFromIndy Forum Resident

Where exactly is this one located?

Thanks!

5. fattyramone

fattyramone New Member

Its location is

Jägerpassage 1, Hamburg , Germany

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

squittolo likes this.
  6. fattyramone

fattyramone New Member

Nick Drake : Way to blue , (back cover)

South Hill Park NW3

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. fattyramone

fattyramone New Member

Not a sleeve loctation , but a song location.

Led Zeps "Bron-Yr-Aur stomp"

this is Bron-Yr-Aur cottage, Snowdonia, Wales

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Former member 30842 likes this.
  8. jdrueke

jdrueke Handsome Man

Hardly. Hampton Coliseum, Hampton, VA. About the most unglamorous armpit of a city.

9. bluesky

bluesky Senior Member

Filmore West..Mission and South Van Ness

Great Post.

I saw the Filmore East but didn't see any photos of the Filmore West, on Mission and South Van Ness, posted. Not an album cover but it's the Filmore!

From Filmore West to Honda Dealership!

These are not my photos, just photos I had off the internet.

$3.50 to get in but if you were hungry they had a barrel of apples and you could eat your fill!

First photo Aug 1970 I believe.

That's Bill Graham in the 3rd photo. Owner of Filmore East and West.

It was a great rock hall in the USA. Maybe and 'quite possibly' the very best ever in USA. It was in SF. End of an era.

Attached Files:

10. dbz

dbz Bolinhead.

11. Fullbug

Fullbug Forum Resident

I look at that, and the first thing I think is: gonna need a roof replacement soon.

12. Raunchnroll

If only it were thatched!

13. Fullbug

Fullbug Forum Resident

Like K. Richards' Redlands--now THAT'S a roof.

Hey, I may have invented a new subgenre--rock architectural criticism.

14. ROLO46

ROLO46 Forum Resident

Thats finest Welsh Slate
    Superior to thatch to keep Welsh rain at bay
    That roofs ok.:angel:

15. DanFromIndy

DanFromIndy Forum Resident

Thanks for the reply!

16. Raunchnroll

I was trying to look at the roof close up....I thought it looked like rock or stone....that explains it.

It'll be there next century then!

17. Here is the back cover of Donnie Iris' "Back On The Streets" LP and a recent photo of the same location. It's in downtown Cleveland very near to Quicken Loans Arena and Progressive Field a.k.a. "The Jake" and The "Q." Photos courtesy of the excellent Parallel-Time.com.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

mtvgeneration likes this.
  18. Fullbug

Fullbug Forum Resident

Slate? That's awesome. I stand corrected, and I'm getting a good idea for MY roof now.

19. hamishd91

hamishd91 Forum Resident

This is a great one! Note the same darker coloured brick on the end of the wall...

20. mrbillswildride

mrbillswildride Internet Asylum Escapee 2010, 2012, 2014

And so I say to you that nothing really matters...

I know, I know... I am debating whether to drive out there and try to get the locale and angle right, but the weather is god-aweful round these parts right now, and the hills would be green instead of their usual brown--nine months of the year... I'll see if maybe next week I can go out there, provided anyone thinks it even oddly worth it...

As for the Bron-Yr-Aur cottage, when I see it--thanks for the pix, I get misty and wanna hop on a plane over the mountains and far away to that space and time... Oh to be able to time travel, I'd plant myself there in the summer of 1970 and enjoy wathing the creation of That's The Way, my all time fave Led Zep tune...

I'd love to stay in that cottage even now, just for one night, to feel the majic mojo and drink some wine, maybe even a herbal tea or three.... I'd not care if the roof was thatchered, or slated or leaking... Long as the boys were making music and the wine women and song flowed...

Great Nick Drake 'now and then' pitcure as well...

cheers,

21. Fullbug

Fullbug Forum Resident

The Seattle crowd is all about roof maintainance. It's vital here.

22. Raunchnroll

Not because someone else thinks its worth it - because YOU thinks its worth it!! The rest will follow...

23. Fullbug

Fullbug Forum Resident

The place I've never seen documented is the Cenacle at Mt. Kisco, where Aerosmith recorded Draw the Line. It's a less than beloved record, but it would still be cool to see photos from those sessions. Sort of a poor man's exile on main street.

24. fattyramone

fattyramone New Member

DBZ , and your point being??

yeah, I openly admit other than the Tom Jones location (page 1 or 2)...which I knew intimatly (I grew up there) ) I've never known / had any desire to know these locations.

I openly admit Im "cheating" in so far as im using google to locate these places of intrest., as could anybody , for whatever question on anywhere of any location.

And in doing so I chanced upon various websites that are dedicated to doing precisely the thread topic in question.....ie ...album cover locations....to aid any searches.

Nobody (well I'm not anyway) is making any claims to originality , its just a bit of lazy fun for everyone concerned in viewing and partification.

Taken to its 9th degree there is NO question ANYWHERE on ANY forum on ANY subject that couldn't be answered within a few Google clicks .....and where is the fun in that.....for anybody?

25. mne563

mne563 Senior Member

I disagree. Most of this stuff is not at the link you posted. The link you posted just shows locations on a map. The thread asked for current photos of album cover shots.