Pink Floyd's Oh By the Way - box question

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Sytze, Oct 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. They didn't send me a form, they sent me a link to a page with an online form. The form is the same one for reporting problems with orders and shipments.

2. I am not confident I am actually going to get it anyway. We'll see.

3. kevintomb

kevintomb Forum Resident

:sigh:........I see you are new to the forum....

Welcome:righton:

4. My, believe me very natured, response would be to see your Ward Cleaver & raise you a real person in the form of one Woody Guthrie.
    What do you think Woody Guthrie would do? I think he'd organize to get this sorted out for everyone (which is precisely what some folks here are doing), & I don't think he'd be organizing on the side of poor mistreated honest & upstanding Amazon either...if you gets my drift.
    I'm far from all bent out of shape about this & sadly I'm hardly surprised, but...I will do what I can to achieve what I think is just & correct & help others caught on the down side of this to get the same.

5. bob338

bob338 Forum Resident

you only beat me here by 16 months. what difference does it make when we arrived anyway?
    i only pushed back because you're pushing your moral agenda on me and a huge forum of people who did nothing wrong. if you don't like what people are saying or doing, ignore them. if you just want to 'do the right thing' by amazon, insist they raise their prices to MSRP for everything you buy. wouldn't that be the next step in this broken logic you're spouting?
    i don't post much here because i don't have a lot to add that others haven't already said. i was one of the few that got amazon to reinstate my order(sort of) and thought the forum may benefit from my experience. i surely did not want to get involved in a pointless moral argument.

bob

6. kevintomb

kevintomb Forum Resident

Great bob, enjoy your purchase:wave:

7. Mike Dow

Mike Dow I kind of like the music

Guys, it would be great if this thread could actually get back to talking about the box set itself. Let's let the Amazon rant-fest die here, OK? Thanks.

If you need to talk about this, take it here...

Amazon Had Insane Prices On Many Box Sets

8. PROG U.K.

PROG U.K. Audiophile-Anglophile

9. beauford1313

beauford1313 The Busta Rhymes of the Ukraine

As soon as I get 20 more posts. :righton:

10. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

I was thinking the same...thinking about a new member that uses the search function to look for informations about the mastering of the discs included in this set...and then knows about this unfortunate situation and not about the box itself

11. -Alan

-Alan Senior Member

12. Mike,
    Is there any way you could move all of the Amazon-related posts to that thread?

13. Mike in OR

Mike in OR Through Middle-earth...onto Heart of The Sunrise

Well against the odds they did ship my order today at the low price. In case anyone is running a tally to go back to Amazon with, add another to the list.

14. LordThanos1969

LordThanos1969 Forum Resident

This Pink Floyd box set was a disappointment when it came out. It presented nothing new from the band, and the packaging on the CDs is inferior to the Japanese pressings. Now, it has become the subject of a non-music related thread that threatens to drone on ad nauseam.

15. thedudeabidz

thedudeabidz Stepping sharply from the rank and file

Well, I got mine. My condolences to those who didn't get it. There is some seriously dubious logic going on at Amazon.

Maybe it's not the definitive, sounds-holographic-on-your-$90K-system Japanese pressing, but I'm grateful that I got their entire studio catalog in a fancy box brand new for $35.

16. PROG U.K.

PROG U.K. Audiophile-Anglophile

:righton:

17. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

Oh, I know, I saw it when it first came out, the Japan Mini Lp's crushed this box in terms of quality of packaging. It was way overpriced to start with IMO.

18. Colocally

Colocally One Of The New Wave Boys

Out of interest, what was the difference between this box and the Japanese mini LP relicas?

19. Lord_Gastwick

Lord_Gastwick Forum Resident

Here we go again. In what way?????????

I hear this over and over without any explanation.

20. Lord_Gastwick

Yes, the Ummagumma labels were reversed, and yes The Wall's inner-sleeves had two "side 3"'s printed. But people seem to be saying that there are differences in basic quality. I have some of the Japanese ones, and the box set, and I cannot see where this claim comes from.

21. Colocally

Colocally One Of The New Wave Boys

All pricing posts should be in the other Amazon thread and not this one, the gorts have already said that.

22. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

23. Lord_Gastwick

Apart from the reversed labels on 'Gumma and the printing error on The Wall, none.

24. Please refresh my memory as to what these errors are (i.e., I don't want to have to dig through the reviews on Amazon to read this information again). TIA!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.