Your single most valuable vinyl LP

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by JMT, Jun 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JMT

JMT Senior Member Thread Starter

Whether it be because of cost, the music, the memories the music brings or whatever the reason. Please list only one and the reason why it is brings so much value to you.

Mine:

MoFi Chicago Transit Authority: With the exception of Free Form Guitar (sorry Terry) there is not a song on that album that I tire of listening to. To me, it is the absolute best sounding Chicago recording that I own. It also brings back some great memories from my younger days.

2. BobbyS

BobbyS Forum Resident In Memoriam

Is not for sale!

Bob

3. zappa

zappa New Member

memory wise, a ton. money wise......i dunno.........ascension by coltrane???? good thread. i'll have to figure this out.

peace

4. motorcitydave

motorcitydave Enlightened Rogue In Memoriam

My original pressing of 'Kind of Blue'?

5. stuart

stuart Member

Guided By Voices - Under the Bushes Under the Stars

Valuable to me because i was super stoked to find a GBV record i had not heard before at a small used record store in downtown toronto where i had not been before. I was very pumped. Turned out to be a killer record and i continue to go back to that record store.

6. happy2behere

happy2behere Forum Resident

original beatles xmas lp.
    it is funny and the wife likes when i play it during the holidays.

7. hangwire13

hangwire13 Forum Resident

Well, Im not a record collector, so maybe someone can help me here. I got rid of most of my vinyl and the only things I kept that MIGHT be worth something are these:

A set of U2 interview picture disc 45's (well, 7" records anyway)--4 of em in all, each one with a pic of a lone band member on one side and a group shot on the other.

The Police-Regatta De Blanc in a two 10" disc format, included a poster also.

Any of those worth anything? Need more info? (sorry, I dont have a scanner to upload any pics) Also I apologize if theres another thread here to ask this kind of question.

8. wildchild

wildchild Active Member

Butcher cover stereo. No it's not for sale.

9. johnny33

johnny33 New Member

Sorry, I should have read more closely the nature of the thread. I dont think what I initially put works for this one.

Blonde on Blonde original with first stampers. Great sound... great music...great memories and a great gatefold.

10. rushed again

rushed again Senior Member

Traces by The Classics IV. Lucky enough to recently find a sealed copy to replace my worn out copy. Tons of priceless memories.

11. zakyfarms

zakyfarms White cane lying in a gutter in the lane.

Probably my Island pink rim of Nick Drake's Pink Moon

12. pharmboycu

pharmboycu Forum Resident

Hands down. Beat up copies of Best of the Doobies and Kenny Rogers' Greatest Hits. I can hear the songs anywhere and think, "there's supposed to be a pop there... and there..." Not worth a dime to anyone else, but priceless to me.

Thurenity likes this.
  13. PhilBiker

PhilBiker sh.tv member number 666

T-Bone Burnett - Trap Door
    I don't know if it was ever released on CD, I have two versions, the USA 33 and the UK 45 RPM versions. They're equally valuable to me. One of my favorite all time recordings.

malco49 likes this.
  14. TLMusic

TLMusic Musician & record collector

Zombies--ODESSEY AND ORACLE NM UK Stereo CBS first pressing (Not for Sale)

A great combo of brilliant music, superb sound and street value...

15. gener8tr

gener8tr Senior Member

I don't have a lot of vinyl (compared to most here) and certainly don't purchase collectible vinyl (I'm not educated nearly enough).

That said, I do have a very nice RL pressing of Led Zeppelin II.

Pendulous Threads likes this.
  16. rcdupre

rcdupre Flying is Trying is Dying

probably a mint copy of the original uncensored Moby Grape LP, bought at the famed 17th & Valencia thrift store in SF for $.50, apparently someone just died...

17. rediffusion

rediffusion Forum Resident

What's it worth? I picked it up at a stoop sale last weekend for $2
    It's in pretty good condition too!

I don't think I'll sell it but I'd be interested to know its value

18. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

Captain Fantastic on brown vinyl with elton john/bernie taupin signatures in blue ballpoint pen.......:righton:
    Only 2000 made.

19. Unknown Delight

Unknown Delight Alan Myers Jazz Heads Unite!

Collector puposes - Probably the autographed copy of Queen's 'A Night at the Opera" LP signed by Freddie Mercury. I found it digging through a huge random pile of worn out LP's at a flea market. I think i paid $25 for it, which at the time was outrageous considering everything else he was selling was vastly cheaper. It was too good to just leave there, so i ponied up the cash and hoped my chance would pay off. A few years later a was involved in the Bands' official Fan Club publications and was able to have signature verified. It was the real thing.

For personal purposes - My soundtrack LP to 'Animalympics'. Fantastic music from Graham Goldman ( of 10cc fame) and friends originally done for a witty animated tv special. The show is well worth searching out too....as is the soundtrack. I have loved this special and the music from it since i was 10, and to this day i still gleam immense enjoyment out of both.

20. JuanTCB

JuanTCB Senior Member

Misfits, Legacy Of Brutality. Pink vinyl.

21. nightflight75

nightflight75 Forum Resident

Screamin' Cheetah Wheelies - self titled green vinyl LP.

Love this band and this was hard to come by on vinyl. Opened it up to verify the vinyl color but haven't played it because my turntable has been out of commission for many many years. Lots of great memories associated with seeing this band live so many times.

onm3rcur7 and BrotherWayne like this.
  22. Hamhead

Hamhead The Bear From Delaware

I don't know which one is rarer, you pick.

Elvis Christmas Album - RCA LOC-1035

[​IMG]

Charlie Parker - Complete Dial Sessions - 6-LP set on WB, Promo only box set from 1977.
    Lucia Pamela - Into Outer Space - orginal Gulfstream pressing

23. Saint Johnny

Saint Johnny Forum Resident

If it's the counterfeit edition, which it most likely is for $2, there are hundreds of thousands of them. Probably about $20-$30 max, if you're lucky.

The real one is fairly valuable, at a $100-$300, last time I checked, but that's because the genuine article is also fairly rare, especially in comparison to the counterfeit which is literally in every Beatles fan collection.

24. riknbkr330

riknbkr330 Senior Member

My mono Track version of the Who's "Sell Out" signed by John Entwistle.

25. gilbert green

gilbert green Forum Resident

Possibly this...

[​IMG]

Garish, Gumboo and hi_watt like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.