Preorder historic Blue Note SACDs mastered by STEVE & KEVIN for Analogue Productions*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by TommyTunes, Apr 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hank

Hank Senior Member

Yikes!

2. misterbozz

misterbozz Senior Member

This is looking good. Really good..

3. TommyTunes

TommyTunes Senior Member Thread Starter

Well the Gorts fixed the title so I guess it's now official and the rest of you can order them with the knowledge that the all is fine in the world.

4. Dave G.

Dave G. Forum Resident

yeah this is pretty huge...

5. Mike Dow

Mike Dow I kind of like the music

Happy boy here. :agree:

6. bresna

bresna Senior Member

Michael was told that the DSD masters were created as they cut the 45 rpm LPs. It would only make sense that they will have the same mastering as those LPs. No need to run the masters through the playback mechanism twice. Michael could not verify that it was Steve because he wasn't there. Steve will have to verify that.

Kevin

7. Solaris

Solaris a bullet in flight

Well the change of the thread title says it all doesn't it. Oh boy! :D

And they're all hybrids. *swoon*

8. Sander

Sander Senior Member

This just sounds too good to be true: Idle Moments on SACD and mastered by Steve!!! :goodie:

9. DougT

DougT Forum Resident

10. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

Great news!! I'm looking forward to all of these titles on SACD. I had already committed to buying several on LP, but the lower SACD price will make it easier to grab them all.

Sounds like it could be a while before these hit the streets. I would imagine mastering and production will take time if they haven't even started yet. Patience is a virtue! :agree:

No reason to preorder these...

11. salleno

salleno Forum Resident

Just called an ordered all of them from Acoustic Sounds!!!

I verified that they are indeed mastered by Steve and Kevin.

However, it will be a while before they come out and all the details aren't set in stone yet.

12. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

Since they aren't coming out for awhile and I am sure they won't be that limited, I will order them but probably wait until we have more confirmation on a release date.

13. bw

bw Forum Resident

This is awesome! I love it that SACD is still alive.

14. LeeS

LeeS Music Fan

Maybe there will be fewer returns on these SACDs than the LPs. :winkgrin:

15. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

Me too!

This is the first such reissue series that I've pre-ordered in advance in its entirety!!!

If Music Matters is watching this thread, I'll also say this: If they offer a similar SACD series (same pricing, same mastering engineers, etc.) to complement their Blue Note 45RPM series then I'll be on board for that entire run as well.

Craig(VC).

16. Dave G.

Dave G. Forum Resident

If they are released 1 or 2 a month I would go for some type of subscription package.

17. LeeS

LeeS Music Fan

+1. I hope Joe Harley is watching. :righton:

18. salleno

salleno Forum Resident

+ 2

I also hope Joe Harley is watching!!!!

If he is then - PLEASE MR. HARLEY!!!!! DO THE SAME WITH THE MUSIC MATTERS BLUE NOTES!!!!!!! :D

19. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

I talked to Acoustic Sounds a few minutes ago to have them place my order for me. (Easier than clicking each of twenty-five "pre order" links on the site.)

The guy I talked to says they have no idea right now how these will come out, but he said they could either be individually, in pairs, or all at once after they've all been mastered.

I confirmed that, as of this moment, there's no "subscription package" that they are offering, other than if you pre-order all 25 SACDs then they'll ship them to you as soon as each is available, whether individually, in small batches, or all at once.

Only downer is that if they're shipped individually, that's an extra $5.95 shipping cost added to each SACD. :(

So I'm hoping they can manage at least some small batches of perhaps five SACDs every 3-6 months, to minimize all the shipping costs. (Plus it would save them a lot of extra labor and materials to package all those single SACDs!)

Craig(VC).

20. salleno

salleno Forum Resident

Yeah - I got the same information as well. I have mine down for 2 a month. :D

21. therockman

therockman Senior Member In Memoriam

:edthumbs:

22. RDK

RDK Active Member

Very good news!

23. salleno

salleno Forum Resident

Indeed. I honestly feel like my prayers have been partially answered. I sure do hope Music Matters does the same.

24. AudioGirl

AudioGirl Forum Resident

I think we all understand that there are good and bad masterings out there. I don't think it is wise to assume that just because it is SACD it is going to be good. Mastering still matters. It is just smart to know what you are buying and by whom it is created.

If I go to a great steak restaurant and eat a steak, which I wouldn't because I'm a vegetarian:) , but if I did, and it was marvelously delicious, then I declare that all steak is marvelously delicious based upon that experience - how accurate would you judge that to be?

hummm? So, now will you reconsider? Perhaps it makes sense to know what you are buying when it comes to SACD's too.

25. LeeS

LeeS Music Fan

I think Tom realizes this. I think his point is that other mastering engineers can do as well as Steve and Kevin.

At least that is how I read it...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.