Beatles:Love Me Do(both versions)and PS I love you on CD and 7inch single in 1992.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Beatle Terr, Oct 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beatle Terr

Beatle Terr Super Senior SH Forum Member Musician & Guitarist Thread Starter

1992 - The Beatles single "Love Me Do (both versions)/P.S. I Love You" (Capitol CD3R 4949/7PRO-79551) is released in the U.S. as a 30th anniversary 5in CD and 7in single in picture sleeve. Only 5,000 of the singles were issued and could only be obtained by mailing in a coupon that came with the 5in CD release.

No retail copies are distributed.:eek:

Does anybody own a copy of this or the 7inch single that was released on this day of October 10th, 1992???

This is the first I've heard of it!:help:

2. tootull

tootull I tried to catch my eye but I looked the other way

Re: Beatles:Love Me Do(both versions)and PS I love you on CD and 7inch single in 1992

:wave:

From 1992
    C2 0777 7 15940 2 1

Is this the same transfer? :angel: Retail version.

3. Beatle Terr

Re: Beatles:Love Me Do(both versions)and PS I love you on CD and 7inch single in 1992

NICE!!
    So the CD was for sale, but you had to send in for the 7"vinyl copy. Would that be correct??

4. tootull

tootull I tried to catch my eye but I looked the other way

Bought it at a retail store. (Music World)

No coupon enclosed. This is the first I've heard of the vinyl.

:cheers:

5. Beatle Terr

Perhaps the coupon didn't come with your CD copy. After all only 5000 vinyl copies with a picture sleeve were made to go around the country or world.

This may be the reason you didn't get one. The CD was still for sale but they had given out all of those vinyl copies before you bought your nice looking CD.

6. posieflump

posieflump New Member

I bought all three releases and still have them. The 7" was the Andy White version only, silver moulded label. The CD came in both digipak and non-digipak varieties (CDRS4949, CDRX4949 respectively). The digipak featured a short essay by Mark Lewisohn about the recording of the single.

They were all available to buy in retail stores over here. I remember being disappointed that EMI didn't reissue the 12" single that came out in 1982. I was also hoping for 30th anniversary releases of the other singles.

7. Mister Charlie

Mister Charlie "Music Is The Doctor Of My Soul " - Doobie Bros.

USA Today had a blurb about sending off for the vinyl single for free to Capitol, which I did and promptly forgot about for about 8 months until it arrived in the mail.

8. Anthology123

Anthology123 Senior Member

wasn't there a 30th anniv. issue of IWHYH? I remember because I have the original pic sleeve, a 20th anniv 45 and a 30th. The 20th airbrushes out a cigarette in Paul's fingers, but the 30th includes the cigarette.

9. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

I had one, but I gave it to Steve(no kidding). :D

Evan

10. edgwareman

edgwareman Forum Resident

Did the 7" with the silver label come in the same picture sleeve as the 1982 7" re-issue?

11. posieflump

posieflump New Member

Yes, but with additional bar-code on the rear.

12. nowhere-man-in-e

nowhere-man-in-e Senior Member

There was no coupon. All you had to do was be one of the first 5,000 to send your name and address to Capitol Records. The directions were on a red-and-white sticker attached to the shrink-wrap on the CD.

Attached Files:

13. badfingerjoe

badfingerjoe Senior Member

nowhere-man-in-e nailed it....that's how ya got the 45 copy...I still have sealed CD copies with the offer sticker on the shrinkwrap. I sent off a few orders to Capitol for the single using different names and addresses to recieve multiple copies....wound up getting all of my requests back...I always thought the single was cool cause it had the while promo labels.

14. badfingerjoe

I just noticed something odd about this issue...the 45 label states "from the CD and cassette single C3-44278-2 & 4KM-44278" But the actual CD single with the red offer sticker is catalog number C2-15940. Where did they get those other numbers from.
    Also when you recieved the 45 from Capitol they sent you a "Thank You" for taking part in the 30th Anniversary promotion. It was printed on a 4x6 grey piece of heavy stock paper with a Beatles logo and black print.

15. Chip TRG

Chip TRG Senior Member

I guess they hadn't hired Kimmie The Intern yet!!! :D ;)

16. Drifter

Drifter AAD survivor

What was the sound quality of this release like?

17. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

The C2-15940 could be the catalog number of the 7" 45 copy.

18. badfingerjoe

The catalog number C2-15940 is the number of the CD single...my question was the label of the 45 states the recording is from "the CD and Cassette singles" and lists the corresponding catalog numbers for both, but those issues have different catalog numbers. They obviously changed numbers for the CD and cassette issues somewhere along the line.
    The catalog number for the 45 is 79551
    JF

19. Beatle Terr

Yes he did Joe!!!:righton:

God, I love finding out about all this cool stuff that I missed out on.

So I it's like I didn't mean to mix anyone up but that was the info on how I found out about the CD release. Most Awesome Dude's!!:thumbsup:

20. Drifter

Drifter AAD survivor

Anyone?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.