Audio-Video Revolution web site reports DualDisc compatibility issues.

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by KeithH, Dec 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now Thread Starter

From www.avrev.com:

Here's the link to the article: http://www.avrev.com/news/1204/16.dualdisc.html.

By the way, I wonder if this site was lumped into their credible "Various Websites" source. Great referencing there. :rolleyes:

2. Ski Bum

Ski Bum Happy Audiophile

I'm supposed to risk my Lexicon player to listen to surround sound (not even DVD-A)?! No way. :shake:

3. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now Thread Starter

I can't imagine anyone owning one of these high-end players trying out a DualDisc.

4. JonUrban

JonUrban SHF Member #497

5. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

Geeez!

6. GabeG

GabeG New Member

This is what I wrote at the end of the thread oblio mentions:

I've bitched about audiorevolutions "news" stories before. This guy hates sacd and clearly hates dual disc. All he's doing is rehashing the warnings and making it sound like the who's who of high end manufacturers are all having problems playing dual disc. While some may have problems (I know goldenboy has), I really haven't seen anything on the internet about actual problems with all these manufacturers. They state they need to test things out before consumers attempt to play discs.

Look at his sources! He's making proIcomations based on nothing real.

7. Metoo

Metoo Forum Hall Of Fame

Now Meridian has become the only hardware company I know of to endorse Dual Disc. http://www.highfidelityreview.com/news/news.asp?newsnumber=18302049

Although, if we connect the dots, we couldn't be blamed for thinking that it is because this format seems to be the only future support most record companies want to adopt that includes its MLP technology.

8. GabeG

GabeG New Member

Very true!

At least they're honest about the technical difficulties. Notice they aren't related to disc thickness - since dual disc is within the 1.5 mm that the dvd and cd spec call for. The problem is optical.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.