E.L.O. Being Remastered

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by LeeS, Aug 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeeS

LeeS Music Fan Thread Starter

A little birdy told me. ;)

Mark Wilder is working on it. :cheers:

Hopefully we will see Out of the Blue on Mofi soon as well.

2. g.z.

g.z. Senior Member

Yesssss! :)

3. nbakid2000

nbakid2000 On Indie's Cutting Edge

Which albums?

Sent from my EVO via Tapatalk Pro

4. therockman

therockman Senior Member In Memoriam

Are these coming out in 5.1 SACD?

5. c-eling

c-eling Dinner's In The Microwave Sweety

a bluebird?,lol sorry couldn't resist,nice,since we have remasters all ready would this be remastered remasters? or hopefully a slew of of sacds? that we be nice,thanks for the info! :edthumbs:

6. PanaPlasma

PanaPlasma Forum Resident

[​IMG]

Found this on the net.

7. g.z.

g.z. Senior Member

I sure hope they retain the same bonus tracks as the last
    batch of remasters. Those were great.

If they want to add some more, that would be
    nice too. :D

8. GroovinGarrett

GroovinGarrett Mrs. Stately's Garden

Can I toss the nasty-sounding copies of Face The Music and A New World Record I bought the last time around? The bonus tracks were cool, but the sound quality was dreadful.

9. Silo

Silo New Member

Why are they remastering them again? Except for the first two albums the last round of CDs sounded so much better than those thin early discs. Is this a money grab?

10. Silo

Silo New Member

Is that from the aborted Mobile Fidelity SACD?

11. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

Unless these are SACD's I dont know how interested I am in buying these over again...I love Wilders work but another redbook version of OOTB or Eldorado isn't really all that exciting...lets hope for SACDs! :)

12. westcoastkid

westcoastkid Forum Resident

Wow! Mark Wilder is one of my favorite mastering engineers.

I'm hoping for "Time" on SACD :love:

13. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

Same here. That one got passed over for Blu-spec. It did come out on Mastersound chrome cassette a long time ago. I wonder what I did with it.

14. LeeS

LeeS Music Fan Thread Starter

Mark did not mention the titles but bet on CD releases. That is mainly what Mark is doing these days.

15. autodidact

autodidact Forum Resident

16. g.z.

g.z. Senior Member

:thumbsup: Thanx for the info, LeeS.

17. Dr. Mark

Dr. Mark Active Member

Oy, not again.

18. johnHS

johnHS Forum Resident

I bought the remaster of "Discovery" but didn't like it. Sold it and kept my original version.

19. Pibroch

Pibroch Active Member

I wish they'd do ANWR in 5.1.

20. evh5150

evh5150 Forum Resident

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the ELO experts here (of which I am not one) believe that "Time" was recorded and/or mixed with compression, to create the sound Jeff Lynne wanted? Thus, a good remastering still isn't going to sound that great?

21. Laservampire

Laservampire Down with this sort of thing

The previous remasters are fine, except for the NR'd-to-death first 2 albums (which I bet won't be in this series!)

22. Barnabas Collins

Barnabas Collins Senior Member

I'm not a surround sound junkie, but I agree that ELO's back catalog might really benefit from 5.1 treatment.

23. Silo

Silo New Member

I think that would be true of all ELO albums. They have a distinct sound.

24. Blue Collar Man

Blue Collar Man Active Member

I would love for ELO to get som nice, quality vinyl reissues. :agree:

25. From what I've read in the past, there's no way we'll ever get a release of OOTB that sounds much better than the stereo remaster currently available due to the original multitrack tapes for this album supposedly being missing (recent versions highlight many sonic issues, including dropout and some very obvious edit points). Also, the compression on Time was an artistic decision and is therefore unlikely to be removed, if that's even possible without going back and remixing from the source material.

Providing this is true, I hope the 2001 remasters are issued with more bonus tracks, with Secret Messages restored to its initially intended length as a double album. Furthermore, there are rumoured to be plenty of additional outtakes from Discovery, Time and OOTB that have yet to see the light of day, including a Jeff Lynne home demo of It's Over that was dropped from the Flashback compilation at the very last minute for some unknown reason.

I'm not really holding my breath, but it would also be fantastic if we finally get to hear ELO's short-lived theme to Supersonic, "Garden Rehearsals" recordings from 1982 plus the b-sides cut between Eldorado and Face The Music sessions with titles such as Give Me Fever and Like A Rat Up A Drain that have been mentioned in the past yet never leaked... or at least they haven't from what I can tell! Could something to do with any of these be why the long-promised new projects from Lynne have yet to materialise?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.