DCM Time Frame TF350 Speakers

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Buzzcat, Jan 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buzzcat

Buzzcat Bankrupt Radio Lifer Thread Starter

Thanks to SH forum member and friend Wazoodust, I now have a new/old set of speakers. DCM TF350. I'm not sure where he got them but did so quite cheaply. The usual problem was afflicting them: shot suspension. But, he was cool enough to replace the 6" drivers and Voila!, they sound great.

Compared to the less than ideal Sony's I've been using, there's some very distinctive benefits of the DCM's. First and foremost is the much improved soundstage. The depth is quite profound. Although they don't disappear altogether, the cabinets just about go away when listening. So, instead of closing my eyes and hearing music coming from two distinct places, it's now more of a wall of sound in front of me.

The greatest improvement over what I was used to is in the mids and highs. Everything, especially guitars, pianos, and voices comes to life now. It's much closer to convincing that that musicians are in the room instead of just a recording of them.

So far, the only thing to lose a couple points is the mid/lows. But, with the small sub I have running all the time now, I'm getting closer and closer to filling the missing frequencies. Yet still, the boomy bass problem I had with the Sony's is gone. That's a plus. I presume that with a bit more tweaking I'll have it singing soon. Of course, it doesn't help that the majority of my hearing loss is in the frequencies that the speakers are not the most efficient at. Which of course is the frequencies of my own voice. Ah, good ol' headphones and 20 years of radio dj'ing.

So, I'm a happy camper. Thanks Dave!

Oh, there is one other little thing that I'm working at trying to prevent from becoming a problem with the DCM's. Like Vandersteens, they have the wrap around grill sock. Of which, the cat is completely convinced I got specifically for him to sharpen his claws on.

[​IMG]

Oh, one more thing. While still at Wazoodust's place prior to bringing the DCM's home, we had them and his Vandersteens all playing at once. He put on the Original Master Recording of Chicago Transit Authority, the song Liberation in particular. Holy crap. It was as if, if I kicked my foot out, it'da hit Cetera right in the nuts!

2. Wazoodust

Wazoodust New Member

The 2 of them paired up is why I almost renigged on giving them to you !! Glad you're enjoying them (and hopefully your cat isn't to much)

3. ArtG

ArtG New Member

DCM TF 350 refoam kit

Does anyone know where I can get a refoam kit for my pair of TF 350?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.