Legendary Stardust Cowboy - YouTube action

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by indy mike, Feb 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. indy mike

indy mike Forum Pest Thread Starter

2. indy mike

Need a wake-up call? This will do the trick!

3. listner_matt

listner_matt Still thinks music is an inexhaustible resource

Wow, that was better than a third cup of coffee!

Gotta love the Ledge -- still one of the most bizarre characters in music. Just gotta love YouTube as well for making this stuff available. :righton:

thnx,
    Matt

4. indy mike

He's got killer moves out on the floor, and his singing is as good as ever - the complete package rolled into one. Firing the blanks off with his six shooter adds to the fun...

5. MikeM

MikeM Senior Member

Thanks, Mike...that was outstanding. A little disturbing to see the Ledge as he is now, but obviously to be expected. His youthful naiveté (as seen on the "Laugh-In" clip) was part of his charm. But he's still got the goods!

I got the Mercury single of "Paralyzed"/"Who's Knockin' on My Door" in one of those cutout three packs a year or so after it was released. I "got" it right away...

I wonder if that was T-Bone Burnett playing the drums on the "Laugh-In" appearance as he did on the record? That is still the greatest rock drum solo in history...in fact, it's the ONLY rock drum solo I can stand!

6. Robert Haagsma

Robert Haagsma Vinyl fanatic

Great, great, great!

I saw The Legendary Stardus Cowboy somewhere in the mid 80's in a club in Rotterdam, where he was accompanied with members of The Gun Club. An awesome show and nothing like anything else. The image of a (already) middle aged Lege stripped to nothing but his underpants and (of course) cowboy boots somehow still haunts me :D .

Thanks for the memory!

7. indy mike

I was wondering if that was Mr. Burnett myself - that drum work is a perfect complement to Mr. Odam's suave vocal stylings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.